One child is at the burn center in Chapel Hill after fire struck a home in Rocky Mount with six children inside.
Police say it happened last night around 11:00 p.m. on Stokes Street. They say the children's mother had left her 14-year-old daughter to watch the kids. The other children were 11 months, 3, 5, 6, and 12 years old.
The 14-year-old was able to get all of the children out, except for her five year old sister. That child was rescued by firefighters and was first take to Nash General and then onto the Jaycee Burn Center. Authorities say the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.
Edgecombe County D.S.S. placed the children in the custody of family members and police say this is an ongoing investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.