Shooting Reported Near ECU Campus

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

Greenville Police say a man was shot in the arm during what appears to be an attempted break-in on East 2nd Street just before 8:00 p.m Thursday near the East Carolina University campus

An ECU alert urged students,staff and faculty to not walk alone at night and to stay in well-lit areas.

Police say someone tried to force their way into an apartment A at 1401 East 2nd Street. Police say the victim is being uncooperative and his story varied on the number of suspects. He told police the suspects ran away and he refused treatment for his arm wound.

• by Barbs Location: Greenville on Dec 2, 2011 at 05:44 PM
    Ha the guy who lived in that house litterally moved out today.. I wonder why
  • by Hey WITN on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    What about the other shootings that occurred last night? Why no news on them?
  • by Bud Location: Washington on Dec 2, 2011 at 07:53 AM
    I really wish WITN would stop posting articles referring to ECU that have nothing to do with ECU; everything in Greenville is "near campus" because ECU is Greenville. A more logical title for the article would be "The Usual Happened" and nobody would worry.
  • by Holiday Crime Rise on Dec 2, 2011 at 06:28 AM
    I have said it before and will say it again. Crime in this county always spikes in November, December, and early January. Cars break-ins, home invasions, and parking lot stick-ups are the usual holiday MO. I would like to add on thing to WITN's quoted recommendation about not walking alone, do not walk UNARMED. Get a CCW license and double tap these jackholes.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 2, 2011 at 05:38 AM
    I would imagine the victim realizes that nothing will happen to these people so snitching on them will only increase the retaliation on him. It's only a matter of a few more years and the college view neighborhood will be 100% hood. Students and ECU employees are not going to live where events like this occur daily.
      by Anonymous on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM in reply to
      its all rental now...hence the problem!! low rent apartments and old homes rented to kids...BAD BAD
  • by countryboy Location: Ghettovegas on Dec 2, 2011 at 05:34 AM
    My fiance called me this morning just before reading this article to tell me her house was broken into while she was at work last night. Her roomate was home at the time but asleep. This is what really rattles my nerves. She lives near Pitt Memorial oopps.. Vidant or Vident or whatever lol. This is the second time in a year. Once we are married we will be moving out of Greenville. I'm not willing to start a family in this crime ridden city. I love Greenville and ECU but enough is enough. Hopefully they will try breaking in one day when I am there. I have my trusty nine mm. Is it wrong to say that I would love for them to try when I am there so I could rid the world of this scum? It sounds horrible to say but shooting these people is the only thing that can curb this type of activity. The Greenville PD sure can't seem to do anything about it. My rant for the day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • by The Truth on Dec 1, 2011 at 09:45 PM
    Nothing will ever change it crime in Greenville will only continue to get worse until the city gets a new cheif. The Cheif is the problem now do something about it!!!!!
      by Retired Teacher on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:55 AM in reply to The Truth
      Sure wish you would explain how the police chief is to be blamed for this? With the so called "victim" being uncooperative, I'd bet its a 99% chance that this was a drug deal that went bad! What would a new chief do, provide a training class? ("Drug Dealing 101 for Dummies") Also, it's chief, not cheif! At least correctly spell the position that you're bashing! Talking about "dummies". Geeze!!!
        by rogelio on Dec 5, 2011 at 01:05 PM in reply to Retired Teacher
        Crime seems to follow Anderson like a shadow......
  • by Anonymous on Dec 1, 2011 at 08:47 PM
    Another low life college student no doubt.
      by that makes no sense on Dec 2, 2011 at 05:44 AM in reply to Anonymous
      seriously? that's like the one block of hood in the area. and i would like to think that college students aren't the ones running around shooting at people. they've got better things to do with their time. like get robbed themselves!
      by m on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:15 AM in reply to Anonymous
      Drug deal gone wild, maybe? Ah it's just college kids and the courts here really don't do much anyway. Just let them be
  • by mmmm Location: g-ville on Dec 1, 2011 at 08:39 PM
    being uncorporative, sounds a little fishy to me. and don't know how many. plus refused treatment. sounds like to me the person knew who it was
  • by Enough Location: Washington on Dec 1, 2011 at 08:33 PM
    Well, if the victim is being uncooperative and refuses treatment for his injury, this shouldn't even be a news story. Sounds like the same ole, same ole to me.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134878628 - witn.com/a?a=134878628