Sex Offender Arrested After Failing To Register Change Of Address

A convicted sex offender who lived at a Beaufort County shelter is charged with failure to register a change of address.

Washington Police say they discovered back in August that 30-year-old Steven Almond was no longer living at the Zion Shelter in Washington and didn't notify authorities as required by law.

Almond was arrested this week. Bond was set at $1,200.

• by Concerned Female and Mother Location: Beaufort County on Feb 3, 2011 at 02:38 AM
    @Mike: It is news, and should be. He is a sex offender that failed to comply by the laws of his sentencing. I for one appreciate the picture, so I know what he looks like. I am a woman if he is not a pedophile, which makes it newsworthy to me. If he is a pedophile, I have two daughters - THAT MAKES IT EXTREMELY NEWSWORTHY TO ME. Unfortunately, 'sex offender' is a general term applied to all, it is not broken down into the various degrees of offense.
  • by Carol Location: Washington on Jan 19, 2011 at 05:10 PM
    I don't care what the proper name to call him..this man needs to be tracked if deemed by the court. Where is your brain? Lets all just waste time splitting hairs...APPEAL!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOUR CALLED.. If you are wrongfully accused..
  • by jaime Location: new bern on Jan 19, 2011 at 03:49 PM
    his bond is only 1,200$....wow!really!thats all?
  • by Mike Location: ENC on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    Who said he is a pedophile? It says Sex offender. There is a difference. I have to agree as well,why is this news? I mean Really?
  • by Anonymous on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    The way some of you talk in these posts, I guess NOTHING is newsworthy. How about you just shut off your computer and TV and forget about the news if it's so boring to you.
  • by mgp on Jan 19, 2011 at 07:53 AM
    If he was living nextdoor to you it would be newsworthy.
  • by really?? Location: washington on Jan 19, 2011 at 03:27 AM
    Thanks to local law enforcement for keeping track of this man. I think that anytime a Pedophile is unaccounted for this should be made news. Apparently, you or no one in your family was ever been a victim of a sexual predator. I have, so thanks WITN for keeping us in the know about this man, and any other sexual predators in the future.
  • by Vance on Jan 19, 2011 at 03:12 AM
    Ha,Ha,Ha,HA,HA!Looks like he has an even newer address now.Dolt!
  • by Sorry on Jan 18, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    This just doesn't seem to be newsworthy.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114177334 - witn.com/a?a=114177334