Ten Dead, Buildings Damaged And Demolished

By: WITN Weather
By: WITN Weather

The deadly, destructive line of storms has pushed off the coast.

There are ten confirmed deaths in Bertie County. There have multiple injuries in Bertie and other counties.

There are homes and businesses damaged and destroyed in Bertie, Greene, Wilson, Pitt, Onslow and other counties.

• by soozyque Location: the couch on Apr 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    Wow, I was upset because I couldn't get the Internet to work last night. Now I know what was going on.
  • by Bertie Resident Location: Bertie on Apr 17, 2011 at 09:23 AM
    Actually its 11 dead. And Oh by the way, Why can't Bertie County get national news coverage about this? All we hear is Raleigh, Raleigh, Raleigh. There is more to this state than just Raleigh. all you hear on TV is Raleigh or Sanford. We have Major devastation here in Bertie County and people are really hurting.
  • by Dion Location: Belvoir on Apr 17, 2011 at 09:00 AM
    GREAT weather coverage! Thank you team. Your broadcasting allowed me the time to take my family and evacuate towards Beaufort County. Matt, you RULE the Viper!
  • by Scoot Location: OBX on Apr 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    It was a rough weather day across NC and a lot of other states today, but can't believe people say they didn't get any warning. The bad weather was forecast days ago and it has been all over the news all day long with special bulletins and emergency alerts. If this caught you by surprise you would almost have to live under a rock.
  • by kim Location: Forest City NC on Apr 16, 2011 at 09:41 PM
    Does anyone know the extent of damage on Ruiz Ct in TT1? My family lives there, very concerned.
  • by Toni Location: Greensboro, NC on Apr 16, 2011 at 09:37 PM
    No Warning?! Really? This storm has been tracked from the midwest since Thursday! I read on another news site that some people were eating at Chili's and going to Lowe's when they took pictures of the tornadoes! Doesn't anyone have a weather radio or watch the news!! Even the internet has noaa.gov and weather.com! People no generation has had the advantage of weather forecasting like we have. Take advantage of it!!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 16, 2011 at 09:27 PM
    Swansboro has no electricity. I am in foxtrace in hubert and was worried about my mother in swansboro so I drove over there. Driving through, the foxtrace area seems to be the only area with electricity. I spoke with a vollenteer fire fighter in swansboro and he said the only places that really got hit were piney green and the main gate area but it's not looking good. From what he was saying, I'm pretty sure western and marine blvd are fine and did not get hit. I hope this helps.
  • by Scott Location: Illinoiw on Apr 16, 2011 at 09:14 PM
    Our daughter and her family live in Jacksonville, and we have not been able to contact her. I have looked at all the news websites I can find and really have no info about how badly Jacksonville was hit. Any help on this from those in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • by Annonymous Location: Camp Lejeune on Apr 16, 2011 at 08:34 PM
    Left TT at around 1000 pm tonight. Looked really bad on the way out. Tarawa Blvd and Iwo Jima got hit pretty good. From what i heard there were some injuries but no fatalities.
  • by Anonymous Location: Louisburg on Apr 16, 2011 at 08:22 PM
    How is Jacksonville? Around the Western Blvd & N Marine Blvd area?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119905914 - witn.com/a?a=119905914