Seven Year Old Killed In Go-Cart Accident

A first-grader is dead after his go-cart collided with a dirt bike over the weekend.

Martin county sheriff's deputies say two kids were on a farm path near 1381 Wynne Road In Robersonville when the accident occurred.

Rescue crews got a call just after 2:30 PM Sunday, and that the driver of the go-cart and the rider of a dirt bike crashed into each other.

WITN News has learned the driver of the go-cart, 7-year-old Lincoln Torres, was transported to Martin General Hospital where he later died from his injuries.

Torres was a student at East End Elementary School in Robersonville.

Counselors were called out to the school on Monday to help students and staff deal with his death.

There's no word on the condition of the other child involved or if they needed medical attention.

Authorities have not released any further information including, if the two were wearing helmets at that time.

• by Student From East End Location: Robersonville on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    WOW ! Gosh , I'm Going To Miss You ; Remember You Use To Always Run To Me &'d Give Me A Hug ! R.I.P Likkin !
  • by Mike G Location: r-ville on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    Louie and Kim I am so sorry for your loss. You two are such good parents and love your kid's with all your heart. I again am so sorry for your loss Louie keep your head up and our thoughts and prayers go out to the torres family.
  • by Latreyl Location: Greenville on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    People have no sympathy these days. Like my cousin and other people said: "IF YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING NICE THEN KEEP IT TO YOURSELF." My family is already hurting enough and we don't need people making rude and unnecessary comments about something that they don't know about!!!
  • by mother Location: williamston on Apr 19, 2011 at 08:15 PM
    we all love our children no matter who cares if they were wearing helments or not if the good lord wants us there is no protection what so ever that we can have to keep us here on this earth God had a plan for this young child we will never know what it was but to the family we are all with you and may God be with you during this time my prayers are with you too
  • by Lisa on Apr 19, 2011 at 06:56 PM
    When things as senseless and painful as this happens, we all look for someone to blame or a reason to be angry because we can't do anything to make the situation better. The truth of the matter is. . no matter what you think, a little boy is dead, a family is suffering more pain than any of us want to imagine and a whole bunch of young kids are having to try to wrap their mind around the idea that one of their friends can just be gone in a moment. It would be nice to be omniscient and be able to tell everyone what to do to make things go perfectly. . we can't. All we can do is stand beside people when they are grieving and offer them all the compassion that we have within us. If you want to place blame somewhere, sit in criminal court and have at it. Please don't add to their pain. Don't you think that they are "what iffing" themselves to death in between the tear drops?
  • by Guy Location: Greenville on Apr 19, 2011 at 06:13 PM
    Lori, maybe you never got in a wreck and hit your head.Seatbelts and child saftey seats saves lives 90% of the time as do helmets. I have a 6 year old and he does not ride a bike, skateboard, of scooter without a helmet. I sure hope you don't have kids because you set a terrible example for our children.
      by ANNA on Apr 20, 2011 at 07:52 AM in reply to Guy
      How could you be so cruel. Helmet or not-no one is to blame-it was a tragic accident-everyone involved is hurting and they do no need people like you trying to tell them what YOU think they should and should not have done. You raise your children and do what you think is best, but leave these people alone. To the family who are suffering because of this I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
        by Latifah on Apr 25, 2011 at 03:33 PM in reply to ANNA
        Thank you a lot Anna this was my little cousin.
  • by guy Location: greenville on Apr 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    This is so sad. There are too many kids dying at a young age. I don't know if he had a helment on or not, but if your child has a go cart, do not let them ride without a helment. We take too many things for granted. RIP little man!
      by Lori Hurdle on Apr 19, 2011 at 03:10 PM in reply to guy
      Guy the word is HELMET. I rode go carts, dirt bikes and a bike when I was little without a helmet, and I am still living. How do you know that the helmet would have protected him, people get killed every day wearing seatbelts, in car seats and wearing helmets. It was an accident and a precious little boy is gone. And I am sure Linkkin was having the time of his life and he was under adult supervision, Instead of making remarks that his family will read, say a prayer for the Torres family, that is what they need right now. And maybe when tragedy strikes your family someone will remember to pray for you. Love you Kim and Louie and praying for you.
        by Latifah on Apr 25, 2011 at 03:34 PM in reply to Lori Hurdle
        Thank you Lori. He was my lil cousin.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 19, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    Another small child gone. I did not know this family but in the county I live in a 10 year old just drown and a little girl killed in an auto accident all in one week. What is going on here. We are suppose to protect our children and keep them out of harms way and safe even though we cannot be with them every minute. I have 2 precious grandsons 7 and 10 and cannot even begin to imagine what my life would be without them. You can call me over protected if you want to but I watch out for them like a hawk when they are at my house. Always remember kiss you little ones and always tell them how much you love and cherish them because you never know when they may be taken away from you. Have fun with them, laugh, play, bake, and listen to them and make every day count.
      by Guy on Apr 19, 2011 at 06:20 PM in reply to
      And you should look over them and protect them. That is our job as parents. They are too young to make decisions on their own. We have to be responsible for their sake. God gave us these little angels and we need to look after them.
        by Krystle & Macedes on Apr 19, 2011 at 09:58 PM in reply to Guy
        One more time for all of the people that don't understand. It was an accident and you don't even know the whole story. If this was your family would you want people posting these types of comments, no I doubt it! His father was there with him!!! So keep the stupid questions and comments off of here and worry about your own business!
        by Mama Bell on Apr 20, 2011 at 08:59 AM in reply to Guy
        Guy, your comment about wearing a helmet and protecting our children is something these parents know and understand. They probably are already having many questions of "WHAT IF". Instead of telling these parents what they should have done, maybe you should be telling them LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS how they are in your prayers. I said yesterday, IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE OR COMFORTING-DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
  • by Mama Bell Location: Rocky Point NC on Apr 19, 2011 at 07:50 AM
    My heart & prayers go out to Linkkin's family and friends. I wish I had words which would help this family to heal. I pray to the good Lord to help this family heal from the pain, but know that the Lord will always take care of his children. I have never met this family, but would like to offer them help if there is anything they need that I can do. Again, my prayers and love go out to the family of this child. PS! If anyone doesn't have a nice word to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Love to Kim & Louie and their family. Mama Bell.
  • by Mom Location: NC on Apr 19, 2011 at 07:14 AM
    Just a kid doing fun kid stuff. I bet he was having the time of his life when it happened. You cannot put children in a bubble of protection. Life happens and so does death. I am sorry for your loss. God Bless the family.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120077009 - witn.com/a?a=120077009