Second Wal Mart Express Opens In Eastern Carolina

By: Dave Jordan/Chris Jones
By: Dave Jordan/Chris Jones

Wal Mart opened another one of its express stores in Eastern Carolina Wednesday.

The newest location is in Ayden.

The smaller store has many of Wal Mart's best selling grocery items, even a pharmacy, but has a very limited clothing section.

Store manager Heidi Hale says the location is more convenient for customers, who until now, would drive to the nearby Wal Mart in Greenville.

The Ayden Wal Mart Express is the fifth in the state and only the tenth in the nation. Two months ago another express store opened in Snow Hill.

• by Eric Location: Chocowinity on Dec 17, 2011 at 04:54 PM
    Wait, if Walmart buys everything from China, wouldn't that be more expensive? I mean, food that is made right here in the US of A, exported to China, imported back to the US, all the shipping, inspection, import fees both ways, you'd think their prices would be much higher... yet they're still cheaper for most things than Food Lion, and definitely Harris Teeter, Lowe's, Fresh Market, and the others. Oh... you mean the housewares, like pillows, TV stands, toys, etc. Guess what? Target, K-Mart, Dollar General and the others have the same stuff. There is no such thing as a national retailer who only buys American. They buy what they can sell for the most profit at a good and fair price to get you in the door and spending money, so they can pay their American employees and so their American employees can turn around and spend money locally or nationally as they see fit. I'm not seeing a problem here.
  • by sandra Location: G'VEGAS on Dec 16, 2011 at 09:06 AM
    '''EXCITED'''now 4 a tgif restaurant....
  • by Bob Location: local on Dec 15, 2011 at 06:26 PM
    To all you people that think Walmart has such low prices, you need to compare prices to Dollar General. Dollar General is cheaper on most items compared to Walmart. That is unless Walmart drops their prices just long enough to kill off the competition.
  • by pat Location: GVLLE on Dec 15, 2011 at 03:34 PM
    To U Lavon Target is much cleaner and don't have mechandise i the ceiling..I just made a comment. Do you know the true meaning behind Christmas smart as....
  • by Simone Location: Greenville on Dec 15, 2011 at 02:02 PM
    I like taking my behind where I am not funding China's economy but rather building on the USA :)
  • by Yanita Location: winterville on Dec 15, 2011 at 01:56 PM
    Why all the complaining people? If you don't care to shop there then don't. Wal Mart will not put any local business out...Ayden has minimal shopping choices! I see the pharmacy as good competition to local pharmacies.I personally buy all my groceries at Wal Mart, meats at the Pig or Food Lion, this will not change...except now the Hess station will get less of my money! WAL MART, WELCOME TO AYDEN!
  • by Lavon Location: Goldsboro on Dec 15, 2011 at 01:05 PM
    Name one business that went out of business from Walmart? I love shopping at Walmart, if you don't like it then take your behind to Target of Kmart somewhere.
  • by map Location: ralegh on Dec 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    To Linda come on ayden is;nt but so bigggggg!!opps
  • by CP Location: Gvlle on Dec 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    who wants to support Walmart when the emploees cannot say Merry Christmas????????? I'll go where they say Merry Christmas to you..la la la
  • by Unhappy on Dec 15, 2011 at 09:12 AM
    Walmart needs to build one of these on Hwy 264E between Washington and Bath.
      by ME on Dec 15, 2011 at 01:30 PM in reply to Unhappy
      I agree 100%.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135628293 - witn.com/a?a=135628293