UPDATE: Two Suspects Charged In Bank Robbery

Two men are now in jail for last week's robbery of First South Bank In Rocky Mount.
18-year-old Jaron Fox and 43-year-old James Robinson were arrested earlier this week and charged with felony common law robbery and felony conspiracy, That's according to The Rocky Mount Telegram.

Fox and Robinson are both under a 40 thousand dollar bond.

Robinson is scheduled appear in court Thursday morning. While Fox has a January 3rd appearance. He also faces a probation violation charge.

PREVIOUS STORY:

There has been a second bank robbery in Eastern Carolina. Rocky Mount police say two men robbed a bank branch just before 2:00 p.m. Thursday.

It happened at the First South Bank on Sunset Avenue. Police say two men came into the bank, one of them approached a teller and showed a note and demanded money. The second robber waited in the lobby area. Police say no gun was shown.

The robbers are described as two black men, approximate age range in 30-40's. One is described as 5'4", wearing a black jacket, blue jeans and purple toboggan. The other is 5' 6" tall, wearing a black jacket, t-shirt and dark pants.

To view the surveillance pictures, click the PHOTOS tab at the top of the story

The robbery happened less than an hour after a credit union in Kenansville was robbed by a lone gunman.

If anyone can identify these robbers, contact Rocky Mount police at 252-972-1411 or Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111.

• by To ENC Outsider Location: I WIN on Jan 1, 2011 at 07:10 AM
    Your response is typical of liberals who can't win a debate based on facts and the truth. My original post showed 2006 stats on NC and African-Americans make up 15% of the population but take up 63% of the government assistance. Your response was to quote 1994 stats for the entire US and then to claim that you did it intentionally. These are facts and your baseless insults further prove your ignorance. The point of these stats is to prove that a large portion of the African-Amercian community is STEALING from the hard working tax payers just like the bank robbers did, although the welfare group is even more lazy. Link www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/character/FY2006/tab08.htm
  • by ENC Outsider Location: Greenville on Dec 31, 2010 at 05:11 PM
    Thank you, thank you all for giving me the time of day and replying to my "facts" I purposely put up old facts, knowing that you would see that they were over 16 years old. The point I was proving is that I know that some of you who reply as being ignorant and uneducated, certainly know better!! Yet, you still harbor racist stereotypes when you know that you can research and learn better than the tripe you try to project. Rural bumpkins are better than you let on. So act like it. I couldve gone on and on and really researched up to date facts, but none are published in regards to ENC (backwards and late as usual) Anywho, you have still met your match, because I reeled you idiots in...to finally do some homework. Now that we all know that you know better, start acting civilized and stop spouting out what your "paw, granpap, etc.." feel in regards to crappy stereotypes. By the way, white women and white children are the most recipients of welfare and hand outs.. white men, get it together
  • by Truth and Facts Location: Greenville on Dec 30, 2010 at 07:30 PM
    I guess ENC Outsider is finished quoting 1994 statistics for now. Truth, facts and honesty always prevail.
  • by To Tasha on Dec 30, 2010 at 05:36 PM
    Nobody has called you lazy, poor, or bad. The best I could tell, they were talking about these two thugs and others like them. If these qualities don't apply to you, then don't take it personally. And by the way, there are white thugs just like there are black thugs, and mexican thugs.....a fool is a fool, no matter the race, creed, or color. And you surely have to agree with me when I say that this society is full of idiots who would rather live off the system and sell drugs and rob honest folks like you and I. I wish you a very happy new year.
  • by To ENC Outsider on Dec 30, 2010 at 05:26 PM
    To ENC Outsider (6:16pm) All of those footnotes that you referenced but yet you decided to exclude the fact that the stats were from 1994? You definitely have not met your match because he (or she) is way ahead of you.
  • by To ENC Outsider on Dec 30, 2010 at 05:15 PM
    To ENC Outsider - I think all your so called facts have been shot down but feel free to keep spinning. I am sticking with my original statement "blacks make up a smaller percentage of the population in eastern NC but use up the majority of the social services and other free handouts at the expense of the hard working tax payers". You've attempted to dispute this with 1994 stats but that isn't going to cut it against 2006 figures and todays reality. No matter how you spin it,in NC whites make up 29% of the families on assistance whereas African-Americans make up 64%. Instead of enabling your community why not spend your efforts on changing this trend? If not, we can discuss all the other forms of welfare that have not been covered...section 8 housing, food stamps, child care subsidies, cell phones (wi-fi coming soon), handicap tags, electric subsidies. The list goes on and on if you are lazy enough. There are many people of all races that are truly in need but most people are not.
  • by To ENC Outsider on Dec 30, 2010 at 04:43 PM
    To ENC Outsider - If you consider that response "meeting my match" than I gave you more credit than you deserve. There are many problems with your "facts". 1) you are quoting stats from Huppi.com and not a US government source. 2) The stats that you and Huppi referenced from the US government were from 1994, things have changed in 16 years and not for the better. The stats I quoted and provided a government link to were from 2006. 3) You are only looking at the AFDC program which is a program set up for families with dependent children. One thing you forgot to mention from that report is that 25% of African-American women of child bearing age recieved AFDC whereas white women were only 7%. 4) My original statement was in regards to ENC and you can't dispute those facts no matter how far you go back into history. Please understand that not all African-Americans fall into this category but they do have more and we are all better off if we can reverse this trend.
  • by tasha Location: jacksonville on Dec 30, 2010 at 03:32 PM
    I just hate the fact that since I'am black, I 'am put in a group that is labled as lazy, poor, just bad people, when none of my friends and family are that way at all, but thats the way we are seen in usa, not trying to use the race card, I just hate being labled,.
  • by ENC Outsider Location: Greenville on Dec 30, 2010 at 03:16 PM
    Like I said: You've met your match: Myth: People on welfare are usually black, teenage mothers who stay on ten years at a time. Fact: Most welfare recipients are non-black, adult and on welfare less than two years at a time. According to the statistics, whites form the largest racial group on welfare; half of all welfare recipients leave in the first two years; and teenagers form less than 8 percent of all welfare mothers. Here are the statistics on welfare recipients: Traits of families on AFDC (1) Race -------------- White 38.8% Black 37.2 Hispanic 17.8 Asian 2.8 Other 3.4 Endnotes: 1. Overview of Entitlement Programs, Committee on Ways and Means, U.S. House of Representatives (U.S. Government Printing Office)
  • by To ENC Outsider on Dec 30, 2010 at 01:24 PM
    To ENC Outsider - Here is another quote from an article just released today in regards to Medicaid... "A much higher proportion of the African-American population is in the program than any other major ethnic group. According to the most recent statistics, from 2008, it’s more than 30 percent". This was published by a very liberal newspaper that was complaining about the quality of Medicaid. I guess it is ok to say it when you are complaining about the level of service from a particular program. You should also look into the stats for how many African-American babies are born into the Medicaid program. Always keep in mind that African-Americans make up only about 13% to 15% of the total population. Bottom line is that ALL able-body people need to be more personal responsible and people like you should stop taking up for them.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112398544 - witn.com/a?a=112398544