UPDATE: Search Scaled Back For Missing Hog Farm Worker

The Lenoir County Sheriff's Office says air and ground searches have produced no results in the disappearance of Antonio Sanchez.

Sanchez was reportedly last seen around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday when he walked off the job on a hog farm on East Pleasant Hill Road wearing his work clothing. Hog lagoons on the property were also searched.

Authorities say search efforts will pick back up if new information becomes available.

PREVIOUS STORY:
Lenoir County authorities are continuing to search for a missing man who is believed to be suffering from a mental illness.

Antonio Sanchez was last seen around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday when he walked off the job on East Pleasant Hill Road, wearing his work clothing.

Sanchez is from Pink Hill. He is a 27 year old Hispanic man, 5'7" tall, weighs 160 pounds, and has short black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a beige one piece jump suit, green or tan rubber boots and possibly a sweatshirt.

A statewide Silver Alert has been issued for the man.

Deputies, along with Lenoir County Emergency Management, and other search teams from neighboring counties are conducting the search for Sanchez. Deputies say this wasn't the first time Sanchez has walked away from the job.

• by Barbara Location: eastern NC on Apr 2, 2011 at 08:31 PM
    As far I as know, I do not know this young man or his family, but it's my hope and prayer that he is found safe very soon.
  • by paula fennell Location: beaulaville on Apr 2, 2011 at 04:28 AM
    i pray for this young mans safe return.i also hope and pray nothing bad has happen to him.prayers to his family as well.....and to all you haters,i pray for you as well.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 2, 2011 at 01:06 AM
    check dan river work farm they hold them all
  • by yep Location: wherever on Mar 31, 2011 at 02:39 PM
    still carlos lil bro....
  • by JESSICA SANCHEZ Location: LENOIR on Mar 31, 2011 at 02:08 PM
    Thoughts and Prayers are with Antonio Sanchez and His Family he does have a brother name Carlos Sanchez but this is not the same Carlos Sanchez that is married to Betty Sanchez if ppl are wondering.Carlos Sanchez that is married to betty sanchez is my dad so i would know. We will keep this antonio sanchez in our prayers and his family. We have had serval phone calls ppl being concerned thinking it was my dads brother. I hope they find him safe...
      by Anonymous on Apr 1, 2011 at 06:57 AM in reply to JESSICA SANCHEZ
      Thank you Jess for clearing this matter up....prayers are with Antonios family for his safe return..God bless
  • by Elma Location: Jones County on Mar 31, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    To the anonymous remarks..I just reported you as abuse...who are you come outt of tha bushes...My son is none of your concern...and this prayer should be from the heart not just lips...As for Carlos well my prayers are still the same Haters...Lovin tha Livin god Darlene PCI Representin
      by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 04:12 PM in reply to Elma
      i see jelously over you girl..lol they hating when they need to be praying these so called christans!
  • by facts! Location: deep run on Mar 31, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    let me just say this...i myself know this is his brother...i am married to his family that is searching for him and for yall to try to run darlene down just because she asked for him to be prayed for well..seems to me like she also needs to pray for yall as well and befor you go to jump down peoples throat yall need to get yall facts straight this is his brother and if it wasnt whats it matter as long as he has a safe return...just sayin
  • by OMG! Location: Lenoir on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    Darlene, this is not the Carlos' brother. So before you go telling everyone you know please get your facts straight.
  • by Elma Location: Jones County on Mar 31, 2011 at 08:03 AM
    As we all know that those who are incapable of their whereabouts due to medications are in desparate need of our true heart felt prayers.. This person is a brother of a dear past relationship friend of mine Carlos Sanchez...you and your brother are in my prayers that his soon retuern will be of safety and such a happy reunion..God is watchin over him and by faith we are sure he will return home or back to the farm safety and unharmed..god bless you and yours at this time..Darlene Smith
      by Vickie on Mar 31, 2011 at 08:57 AM in reply to Elma
      I am sure your EX,or whatever appreciates you putting his name out like this!
        by Get your facts striaght on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:19 AM in reply to Vickie
        This is not Carols Sanchez's Brother
        by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:33 AM in reply to Vickie
        haha I was just thinking the same thing.
          by Vickie on Mar 31, 2011 at 11:36 AM in reply to Anonymous
          Get your fact straight...OUCH.....lol...tell us craving hearts more!!!!
  • by Critter on Mar 31, 2011 at 07:39 AM
    I hope they find him safely!!
      by Taffy on Mar 31, 2011 at 11:22 AM in reply to Critter
      There two Carlos Sanchez's though...just sayin
        by Elma on Mar 31, 2011 at 12:46 PM in reply to Taffy
        Either way play haters The facts are known and to Vickie I can always pray for whom I wish without consent...Prayers are up for Antonio Sanchez and his family..God bless
          by Vickie on Mar 31, 2011 at 01:17 PM in reply to Elma
          I don't recall saying anything about your praying.I don't care if you pray over a litter box,have at it.
          by i said it.. on Mar 31, 2011 at 02:34 PM in reply to Elma
          may i ask whats so impressing about aruging with people up here your susposed to be praying and looking around not critizing..and putting people bussiness out there isnt going to help....and whats her son got to do with anything....if you have nothing better to do but talk trash get off and do something else were trying to find our family who we love and miss....and we dont like all this talk about this trash...when were looking for updates!
          by Anonymous on Apr 1, 2011 at 07:27 AM in reply to Elma
          I pray that i can place all haters in a box and ship to the unknown...I did not start this arguement ..it had to been a jealous player...I am still praying for Antonio and his family but for all whom wish to say ugly things at this time..Seek Professional help...In tha eyes of tha beholder..

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118987914 - witn.com/a?a=118987914