School Raises $700 For Student With Cancer

Students and staff at G.R. Whitfield School raised $700 dollars Saturday to help a student who was recently diagnosed with cancer.

The fundraiser was called "Wear Your Jeans to School." Students and staff paid to wear jeans. The money went to the family of 7th grader Elizabeth Donato who was recently diagnosed with cancer.

School officials say they will hold other events throughout the year to help the Donato family.

• by Anonymous on Nov 14, 2010 at 04:23 PM
    Prayers to all familes with Cancer. I hope more people will help those here in the USA with illness and be nice to neighbors.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 14, 2010 at 04:04 PM
    GR Whitfield is a K-8 school which primarily serves students from the town of Grimesland, so I would agree that it likely has the feel of a community based school. My prayers go to the student and the family.
  • by Teacher on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    What a great way to earn money. Wish all PCS would let their staff do things like this. Wearing jeans at Creekside is like the worst thing anyone could ever do!!!!
  • by Stan Location: G'ville on Nov 14, 2010 at 09:35 AM
    Wow, To: Stan@ 755am, I'm saying this is a beautiful example of a community coming together to help each other in their time of need.
  • by To: Stan on Nov 14, 2010 at 04:55 AM
    So what is it that you are 'really' trying to say.. I swear some of you people are so EVIL!!!
  • by Video please Location: Greenville on Nov 13, 2010 at 08:18 PM
    I got to carch the end of your video on this. Please post the accompanying video from your newscast. Thanks for highlighting these students that are actively doing something to make these situations better.
  • by Beaufort Co. Teacher Location: Washington on Nov 13, 2010 at 06:11 PM
    I just think that this is wonderful. It warms my heart. Thumbs up to those who allowed the students to wear jeans (instead of uniforms)for a great cause!!
  • by Stan Location: G'ville on Nov 13, 2010 at 06:01 PM
    This is the second story this week about the students and staff of Whitfield coming together to help two different students and their family's in need. You get the feeling that they benefiting from a community based school.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 107812209 - witn.com/a?a=107812209