Woman Charged Again After 2nd Crash In Five Days

Winterville police say it turns out the SUV that landed inside a hair salon Wednesday afternoon was a rental vehicle driven by a woman who wrecked her other car just five days earlier.

It was the second time in five days that the woman had been cited by Winterville police because of a car crash.

Police say Barbra Snuggs was driving a rental vehicle after another crash last Friday.

The latest crash happened when police say Snuggs was pulling up to A Woman's Glory Beauty & Nail Salon off East Main Street around 3:00 p.m. They say the woman accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

She was cited for unsafe movement after the rental vehicle ended up inside the business.

On March 25th police say Snuggs' vehicle struck a telephone box at Davenport and Forlines Road. In that accident she was cited for failing to yield the right of way.

No one was hurt in either crash.

Previous Story

A sports utility vehicle landed inside a Winterville beauty salon this afternoon and fortunately no one was injured.

Fire and rescue crew were called to A Woman's Glory Beauty & Nail Salon off East Main Street right around 3:00 p.m.

The SUV plowed through the business' front doors, leaving only one of them still standing. The vehicle ended up some 15 feet inside the business. Several people were inside the business at the time.

Winterville police say the woman driving the SUV was attempting to park in front of the business and hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

The brick building itself doesn't appear to be impacted, but there is damage to the inside of the shop.

A short time late the SUV was driven out of the business.

• by survivorofhis Location: aurora on Apr 2, 2011 at 09:01 AM
    I'd Love to see the 10-2 law, when we went to drivers ed. we were taught hands on the wheel at 10-2 pos.Now its a cig, a lighter(hey no hands!), a big mac, a cell phone, e-mailing, texting, putting on lipstick, doing our hair, everything but keep your eyes on the rd and your hands upon the wheel!...we need this! save some lives!
  • by HMMM on Apr 1, 2011 at 03:53 PM
    Is there a medical issue that needs to be explored? Seems a little unusual to have two accidents in a week... Gosh I know she feels terrible and I will pray for her.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Apr 1, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    To Carol: It is safer to remain anonymous these days. I do have a right to comment here, just like you. Our opinions are different, but that is the purpose of the website. I have also worked in healthcare for most of my life. I get tired of people causing major accidents looking to use excuses, that are not true, to make it better. You keep trying to incinuate that this lady MAY have had two building crashes in one week due to a medical condition. Please note, that she was sited for 'failure to yield' and 'unsafe movement'; no mention of any medical conditions. I'm aware that medical emergencies can happen behind the wheel; I pray everytime I get into my vehicle that I do not hurt anyone. If you don't like my opinions, oh well. I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  • by 219 on Apr 1, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    "She went straight to the back" :)
  • by Dale Location: Greenville on Apr 1, 2011 at 06:46 AM
    Just another woman driver
  • by jerry Location: enc on Apr 1, 2011 at 06:44 AM
    Well, she should be medically checked before she turns a pedestrian into a hood ornament.
  • by Elizabeth Location: Farmville on Mar 31, 2011 at 05:55 PM
    ALL i can say is i'm glad no1 was hurt or killed & i know the lady was shook up,she might have 2 get her a driver 4 awhile cause hopefully she dont want 2 get back under the wheel right away, & i know she wont be rentin a car no time soon. I like some of yall jokes also but really aint no jokin matter...
  • by Elizabeth Location: Farmville on Mar 31, 2011 at 05:55 PM
  • by ummm Location: here on Mar 31, 2011 at 05:21 PM
    How can she wreck at daventport farm and forlines if the two roads don't intersect
      by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:21 PM in reply to ummm
      I was wondering that to
        by carol on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM in reply to
        great observation. thats what i was trying to get across to FORMERLY O.L.I. why always think or say the worst about people we all have our own faults and problems,i judge myself everyday thinking how i could of handled a situation better and made at least one person smile that day.you showed just how gossip and rumors start i never made the connection about the roads until you pointed it out.
          by Formerly O.L.I. on Apr 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM in reply to carol
          Please note that she was sited for failure to yield the first time, and accidently hitting the gas instead of the break, in the second crash. If she had a medical emergency, as you have tried to imply, it would have been in the report.
  • by carol Location: greenville on Mar 31, 2011 at 03:29 PM
    yall stop hating and judging maybe the lady has a medical condition that she is not aware of yet.think before you post a negative comment because karma has a way of biting back.evey wreck is not because a person is texting or under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.I think we had auto wrecks before we had cell phones.greenville is very busy and stressful and the stress can cause reactions,so lay off the lady. today you may be rich or healthy tomorrow you could be homeless,in jail for a crime you were wrongly acused,in a wheelchair for life,or find out you have a terminal disease or lose your teen from overdose of drugs that you might have seen your childs cry/signs for help and got your child help and avoided childs death.But since you are too busy over looking you/your families problems or just simply in denial because too busy calling out others mistakes.Or you get a rush jumping on the band wagon of gossip and judging when what you should be doing is assessing and fixing what you can...YOUR LIFE
      by Wow! on Mar 31, 2011 at 04:13 PM in reply to carol
      Sounds like you have had a pretty tough life. I hope things get better for you.
        by carol on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:30 PM in reply to Wow!
        no ive been blessed but i see so many tragic things happen to ppl and i want to help,i feel for ppl in pain or lost with no hope.i want to give hope to those down but im only one person.i want to see good in people,one day we will all be judged and we who judge others the hardest will be judged the hardest on judgement day.if i can make a difference i will try i guess thats the health care advocate in me.WOW thank you for hoping things get better for me,but at the moment im good.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Mar 31, 2011 at 04:24 PM in reply to carol
      You tell us to 'lay off' because MAYBE the driver had a medical condition, though not know yet, and to figure 'stress' into the equation. Many people have lost loved ones, been diagnosed with terminal illness, dealt with teen substance abuse, or live with a disability. Even those persons have not wrecked a car into a building inside of one week. Try another lame argument...
        by carol on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:21 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        will be funny if you in a wreck or run into a building next week. but wait you don't even post your first name.maybe you have something to hide.i happen to be in medical field and she could be having siezures or other problems.all im saying its quit kicking people when they are down.reach out and help.don't judge or laugh at ppl.
        by carol on Mar 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        actually i knew a person who was training to get driver's permit ran into trade mart with the teacher but due to this girl's eyes had been bad all her life she didn't realize that leaves on a tree have a define detailed texture til flunking eye exam to get permit.first time she got her glasses she was amazed just how much she didn't see til she got her glasses. all of her physicals MD's never picked up on her vision problem.maybe lack of MD not really paying attention when examing patient,kinda like the lady running into a building.and yes she could have been imparied but why always think of worse of others.and before the comments come, this girl was not me or my child.But i did have a bad case of vertigo for about 2 weeks and i wanted to die.i had heard of vertigo but didn't know what it really meant til it happened and when it hits theres no warning.so for the narrow minded thinkers i could list a couple hundred more medical reasons including new onset of mental illnesses that can cause a wreck.im aware of alcohol and drugs cause wrecks too.i've had to treat many patients going through DT's.those were my most challenging patients but i still provided medical care with respect that i am professionally obligated to as a medical care provider and as a person that has consideration others.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Apr 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM in reply to carol
      When we get behind the wheel, we have to concentrate on that task. Everyone has distractions with personal issues; leave it outside the vehicle. When you are working, same thing; you deal with people without unloading your personal issues. Driving a car is a priveledge; not a right. Take it seriously.
        by steve on Apr 1, 2011 at 08:12 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        if we run a driving record on you i quess you have never got a speeding ticket or been at fault in a wreck or maybe reading a map that could distract you? i agree with carol she could have a medical condition if so it could take months or years before doctors diagnose illness.my wife kept having strange symptoms even got lost dropping our child off at school,we went to all kinds of doctors finally 5 years later infection disease doctor found out she had lymes disease even though she had been tested for lymes before but lymes disease is difficult to diagnose and treat.some days she was normal then other days be deathly sick.i find it hard to believe you are in or have been in the health field if so you lack compassion and lack medical knowledge.i would not want you to take care of my family.
          by Formerly O.L.I. on Apr 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM in reply to steve
          My husband had Lyme's disease; it was immediately diagnosed and treated. He followed the treatment to a 'T' and was cured in no time. No, I have never gotten a speeding ticket nor been in an accident. I'm a defensive driver. Because of other people pulling out without looking, tailgating me, switching lanes suddenly without checking the lanes, and turning without giving a signal first, it is nothing short of a miracle. I thank God for looking after me. I do not read maps, apply makeup, chat on the phone while driving. Sorry to disappoint you. I have plenty of compassion but not for repeat offenders. It shouldn't have taken 5 years for your wifes' diagnosis, but it does depend on what kind of information the patient shares with the M.D., such as recent insect bites. That's how Lyme's Disease is contracted; tick bites. I was not a nurse; I worked in administration areas. I agree that nurses are special people, and it's good that your wife is better.
          by steve on Apr 3, 2011 at 12:48 AM in reply to steve
          to O.L.I reading all your post you know everything about everything.You are so perfect.Do not critizie my wife we kept a daily dairy of her symptoms.You dont know what you are talking about when it comes to lyme's disease.you can get lyme's disease from a tick bite that happened 10 years ago and have no symptoms until your body goes through a stressful event or illness.pregnancy brought out the symptoms.when she got bit by tick she didnt get the rash(not all do)and blood work dont show it in early stages and sometimes gives false results so i dont think your husband had lyme's because you don't know your facts if lymes not treated early it has late symptoms that mimicks other diseases and in late stages causes other diseases.you are always up here being nosey and act so self rightous.i bet you dont work how can you to be up here daily.i bet you are the one in church that always starts the gossip."defensive driver" more like "defensive liar" get a life
          by Formerly O.L.I. on Apr 3, 2011 at 10:01 AM in reply to steve
          Steve, gosh, where do I start? I'm not being nosey, unless you are too. Your here commenting, I'm here commenting; all's fair in love and war and commenting. My husband did have Lyme's Disease; it was proven through lab work. He had been bitten by a tick. It made the red ring. Sorry your wife had an unusual episode with getting diagnosed; it's rare but does happen. Now, have a good day.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118935534 - witn.com/a?a=118935534