Ruffin McNeill Issues Statement Regarding Health Inquiries

STATEMENT issued by East Carolina University Head Football Coach Ruffin McNeill regarding health inquiries

“I am appreciative and deeply touched by the caring support so many have extended to me as I work through another one of life's journeys. My first priority is to regain an active lifestyle that will not only benefit myself physically, but put me in a position to provide uninterrupted leadership to our football program and service to East Carolina University.

It is a blessing to be under the best of care by two of the finest doctors in the country, who have implemented a team approach to allow me to reach these goals. The first step was to address the strain I was putting on my body and I am pleased to announce I am successfully in the recovery phase of bariatric surgery last Thursday (Jan. 13). It is our plan that this procedure will precede hip replacement surgery later in the spring that will allow the pain-free mobility I have longed for over the last few years. While I understand the process has only started, my commitment to get back in the weight room and resume a daily workout routine runs deep. My wife Erlene, my daughters, our football team and the Pirate Nation has and continues to serve as an inspiration for me."

Ruffin McNeill

• by ECU Gal on Jan 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    Thank you Jimbo!!! My thoughts too! AAARRGGHHHHH
  • by Jimbo Location: Pirate Nation on Jan 22, 2011 at 06:52 PM
    Jim, it's Holland not Hollins and no we do NOT need to fire him. I think we are darn lucky to have him. I personally can't think of any better period for Pirate athletics than now. Can you? Think now.........
  • by Jim Location: Hyde on Jan 21, 2011 at 06:49 PM
    Ruff, I expect you to be faster on your feet and finally recruit Champions. You and ECU fans deserve the great ones for a change!!! We love You! We need to fire T. Hollins.
  • by Keith on Jan 20, 2011 at 07:33 PM
    Good luck Coach. Wish you the best.
  • by 4ECUFootball Location: Greenville on Jan 20, 2011 at 07:08 PM
    I hope they give the immune system a complete overview. It was apparent as the year went that your defense system was weak. lol good luck Ruff - We love you!
  • by ECUlover Location: greenville on Jan 20, 2011 at 04:09 PM
    To: Anonymous, That 100 yard dash comment was pretty hateful.
  • by dancer Location: greenville on Jan 20, 2011 at 01:44 PM
    my prayers go out to you Coach. i had bariatric surgery over two years ago. it was the best decision i ever made. weight is still a struggle for me but i look and feel great! you will too!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    Ok coach, looking forward to a foot race next spring. You may have to spot me a few yards though. 100 yard dash in a little less than a minute is my goal.
  • by Dave Location: Outside the box on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    DS1, that is because ESPN knows very little about ECU. I mean, most people think that ECU is in Greenville, SC.
  • by Kay Location: Emerald Isle on Jan 20, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    You are an inspiration for so many of us. Get well soon!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114234549 - witn.com/a?a=114234549