Rocky Mount Man Sentenced To Life With No Parole For Murder

A man on trial for first degree murder found out his fate today.

19 year-old Dewayne Avent of Rocky Mount was convicted of the 2009 shooting death of 27-year-old Tronyale Daniel.

Avent was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

Police say Avent shot Daniel on Parham Street just after Christmas in 2009. He alluded police for about a month before they caught him hiding out in an attic.

• by concerned citizen on May 10, 2011 at 05:49 PM
    I understand the comments posted by most, especially Gray. However, it is not right for anyone to take a life of another, even legally. This young man was wrong, should pay for his crimes, has caused grief to many, and the list goes on and on. The solution to the problem is to get to the younger generation to end the violence. I used to work in a prison, and I currently work with at risk youth, so many of them glorify prison and even embrace death. We have to teach them that violence has to end. I am sure that each person that commented raised their children properly (not sarcastic), but what about the neighbor who didn't? Those are the ones that are taking the lives of others. We have to teach the stray children as well. We have to provide them with love and support that they are not receiving from their parents. I know this sounds unrealistic, but the reason they are turning to the streets are because they feel loved and supported by the wrong types of people. Children have impressionable minds, and grow into adults that have learned that their behavior is right. Please for the sake of all children, help end the violence, the hatred, and condemnation.
  • by Lee Location: RM on May 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    Pray for this person. I know everyone wants him to suffer and I am sure he will. He took someone's life and should pay. I have to say though some of the comments are brutal. I can tell that forgiveness and concern for the soul of a troubled person is lacking in this area. He is going to pay the rest of his life and so will his family. How long do you think you will have to pay for your hateful hearts?
  • by Scott on May 7, 2011 at 07:32 AM
    Yay, now we can house and feed him for the rest of his life... I can think of a better solution... just saying.
  • by oh my Location: g ville on May 7, 2011 at 12:27 AM
    To my people all the young lives we are losing have gone to far. We see it constantly; we all must figure a way to help each other. Believe it or not it will and going to do something to all of us in the future; one way or another. And to be comical about the situation; somebody please the young man to take off the earring before he go to the big house, because some of those prisoners have not seen a fresh piece in years.
  • by Anonymous on May 6, 2011 at 09:53 PM
    This guy best friend was Shakeem Avent who was murdered in Rocky Mount just a few weeks ago. Maybe it was retaliation?
  • by Retired Enlisted Marine on May 6, 2011 at 09:26 PM
    I don't know why my comment was removed. The reason I stated he is not a man is because, men do good things with there life, men pay the bills take care of people. Someone that commits murder is not a man.
  • by K Location: G on May 6, 2011 at 08:25 PM
    He is be a goode citsen, he be so nisuh, wese lovesuh hims, he bese a good boyz.
      by jim on May 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM in reply to K
      ah what ah what------------
  • by Col. Colt Location: ENC on May 6, 2011 at 05:29 PM
    Inmate access to the internet is not leagal in NC, it thay have access someone needs to be investigated. Like comunity college teachers or DOC staff
  • by Gray on May 6, 2011 at 04:18 PM
    Cost of Prison Incarceration daily cost per inmate yearly cost per inmate Minimum Custody $64.59 $23,575 Medium Custody $76.22 $27,820 Close Custody $88.39 $32,262 Average $74.34 $27,134 Cost of Death Injection----One time cost for Doctor, electric chair or needle... Which would you rather pay????
      by Scott on May 7, 2011 at 07:33 AM in reply to Gray
      How abought a 25 cent lead injection. That's be even cheaper.
        by Gray on May 7, 2011 at 08:51 PM in reply to Scott
        Priceless....I like the way you talk!!!!
  • by rhs Location: robersonville on May 6, 2011 at 03:56 PM
    I bet he mama proud of him. cause now he be on easy street not in the streets

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121366179 - witn.com/a?a=121366179