NEW INFO: Construction Worker Dead Following Reported Electrocution

More Video...

An EMS unit in Martin County says that a construction worker is dead following a reported electrocution in one town.

Robersonville EMS says it got a call around 11:50 Sunday morning that a person had been electrocuted under a home at 109 West Green Street. When they arrived on scene they discovered 27-year-old Felix Hernandez-Sanchez from Greenville still had a pulse.

Hernandez-Sanchez was taken to Martin General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Officials say that the case has been turned over to the Pitt County Medical Examiners Office who will determine the exact cause of death.

The North Carolina Department of Labor says since Hernandez-Sanchez was not actually working for an employer at the time of the accident, they will not be investigating the death.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 228555371 - witn.com/a?a=228555371
Gray Television, Inc.