Ahoskie Police Investigate Baby's Death

No arrests have been made in the death of a five months old baby.

Ahoskie police responded to a 911 call Tuesday evening to the 400 block of North McGlohon Street. Police say the baby died from blunt force trauma to his body.

Police are asking anyone with information on the death to contact Ahoskie police at 252-332-5012.

• by Sarah Location: Ahoskie on Mar 2, 2012 at 05:05 PM
    It is truly sad that some choose to focus on ethnicity and social status instead of the plight of poor babies who are innocent victims. Pointing fingers does not ease the heartache of the families left to mourn their losses. I worked with Social Services for several years and it is a myth that one race is more prone to be on welfare than others. Yes, it unfortunately continues from one generation to another in some instances, but it is not the reason that innocent babies die. Why did Casey Anthony kill her child? Why did Susan Smith drown her children, yet attempt to point to an African-American as the ones who took their lives? We don’t know the answer to any of these questions, but what we do know is that prayer is needed for ALL who point fingers and are judgemental. One day all of us will be judged for our wrong actions, thoughts and criticisms. Remember, what you wish on others has a way of returning to you or your loved one.
  • by SMDH makes NO since Location: Ahoskie on Mar 2, 2012 at 03:39 PM
    I am of the white race and ha ve been for 38 years, I still to this day just dont understand why people of any race has to make any kind of negative comment about anothers race. An infant has died and instead of mourning over the death of this infant baby, anger and just nasty, rude put downs are being said. The hatred needs to stop and more love, understanding and sympathy needs to be given and offered out to one another. Where is the love in this world.If this world was of one color it would be a boring place to look at and live in.R.I.P Little Angel Boy.
      by Sarah on Mar 2, 2012 at 05:07 PM in reply to SMDH makes NO since
      I completely agree with you. Race is not important, but we tend to focus on tearing each other down instead of trying to see how we can all work together to help the incident victims, whether it is a child or elder. Much prayer is needed for all the hatred that consumes this world.
      by so tired of ignorant people on Mar 5, 2012 at 07:18 AM in reply to SMDH makes NO since
      great comment!! I agree!!
  • by Nicole Addo Location: Ahoskie on Mar 2, 2012 at 02:50 PM
    God Bless This Baby May He Rest In Peace ...But you know its really sad for WHITE people to really sit here and actually believe that they are the gift to world and that African Americans are the only ones that are on assistance and that we have numerous babies out of wedlock... But I'm here to prove you wrong there are just as many WHITES on assistance and having babies out of wedlock as we are do your research WHITE people.. you guys just don't want to admit it because you're so busy hiding but I see you with your food stamp cards late at night or early in the morning at Walmart..furthermore everytime I go to Walmart all I hear is screaming WHITE kids with their temper tantrums and their ill mannered ways of not saying "excuse me" when they pump into you..
      by Fred on Mar 2, 2012 at 03:51 PM in reply to Nicole Addo
      Agree, people of all colors. not just black. all races are at fault. I am white and its getting outta hand for all colors. Outta wedlock, mulitple daddys. no one gives a d@@@ about morals anymore.
  • by Fred Location: NC on Mar 2, 2012 at 02:50 PM
    Well you can abort a child. You can kill a child. what's the difference?! Crack, pot, heroin and meth. Gang killings. God who?! The gub-ment betta send me my check. We are going down a path of self destruction.
  • by Love Obama Always Location: Greenville on Mar 2, 2012 at 01:46 PM
    I agree with so tired of ignorant people, @anonymous, you are very Ignorant!! Find something else to read, apparently this isn't working for ya!!!
  • by so tired of ignorant people Location: NC on Mar 2, 2012 at 09:23 AM
    @Fed up with criminals...It just amazes me that in 2012 there are still ignorant people like you. This clearly has nothing to do with race. Do you know any of the facts? Where in this article does it say anything about the mother being on public assistance? What are you so angry about? Is this a cover up for your inconsistences? Sounds like you need to seek counseling before you hurt yourself...
      by Anonymous on Mar 2, 2012 at 09:59 AM in reply to so tired of ignorant people
      wait till the facts come out pal...then we can talk more....you're funny. :)
        by Sarah on Mar 2, 2012 at 05:08 PM in reply to
        I pray that you nor your family suffer a tragedy and you have to be judged in the court of public opinion. May God have mercy on you and the ones you love.
  • by RELAX Location: NC on Mar 2, 2012 at 04:55 AM
    First of all nowhere in the article does it say the Police don't know who it is. Like every death there is an investigation. That's what they are doing. I'm sure they have an idea of who did it, why and how but it's all part of the investigation. Being in Law Enforcement these things take more than 20 minutes. Because this is the death of a 5mo. old baby we are all more upset but regardless we just can't walk into the residence, point the finger to the mother/father and say you did it. Give it another day or so.
  • by fed up with you Location: R-C area on Mar 2, 2012 at 03:54 AM
    @ fed up with criminals. Seriously, did you make this a race issue. You must be a card carrying member of the KKK! I guess that you are too ignorant to realize that people of all races receive assistance from social services. I also guess that you did not realize that the two recent cases of child abuse, that occurred in VA, and have been on the WTKR news, channel 3, were White children. The issue is not because of any particular race, but because people, of various races, are not prepared to have and raise children. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at least state facts and not your own racist comments.
      by Anonymous on Mar 2, 2012 at 09:07 AM in reply to fed up with you
      Its no secret, black women from the moment they become prego, they;re on assistance, mainly because the child is out of wedlock. Of course, the check also helps them have a wonderful life. I see child abuse every single day pal, just go to Wal Mart and watch how these so called Mothers treat their children, worse than dogs. Yelling and screaming at them constantly and you wonder why the next generation is at Rivers Correctional? Its a revolving door. Apparently you have never been around inmates. If you had, you could see what so many of us see every single day. Jerk, you have no idea.
        by Fred on Mar 2, 2012 at 02:45 PM in reply to
        I agree. I try not to go to walmart unless I have to!! It is getting to be like a zoo in there. No manners, kids run amuck, yelling and screaming, kids roaming in and out of the racks. Don't forget tax free day!! Wouldn't catch me there for nothing!!!
  • by GOD ANGEL Location: NC on Mar 1, 2012 at 08:25 PM
    GOD NEED NO HELP IN CALLIN ALL HIS ANGEL HOME. I WISH THEIR WAS SOMETHING SOMEONE COULD OF DONE TO SAVE THE BABY LIFE. THIS REALLY HURTS. IT MAKES ME TELL MY KIDS I LOVE THEM MORE AND MORE. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THEY WILL FIND OUT WAT HAPPEN
  • by nanny Location: washington on Mar 1, 2012 at 06:14 PM
    please!!!!!!!!police do you really need help to determine who did this,if this were one of my grandchildern you would know who did this because you come would come pick up their body other words i would handle it myself
      by AMEN on Mar 2, 2012 at 05:18 AM in reply to nanny
      AMEN.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141007103 - witn.com/a?a=141007103