Reggie Fountain Powering Up New Boating Company

The former owner of Fountain Powerboats, Reggie Fountain, tells WITN he is now starting up a new boating company.

Fountain says the name of his new boating company is RF or Real Fast Powerboats.

It was back in December that Fountain left the company he had owned for more than 30 years after it went bankrupt and Liberty Associates bought it.

Now he says he plans to continue his passion for the boating industry with this new company. Fountain says, "What we've got is the latest great stuff. I want to re-do engineering and it's going to run faster, look better, be more modern."

Fountain has a planned space to keep the boats and says he will use his home in Washington for research, development, testing, sales, and delivery.

• by Ted Location: CANADA on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    Hey Taxpayer, To Steve & most of you.Take a pill and a deep breath and lighten up a bit before you cast any more stones at Reggie.Get your facts straight first. The man rose from a top F1 boat driver to an entrepreneur where he produced what was one of the best power boats in the US,for the last 30 years. Sure there were tax dollars along the way and probably plenty of incentives to boot. But show me ONE corporation that does not use the advantages provided to them....it's just prudent business. And along the way he fed,clothed,sheltered,schooled and cared for hundreds of employees,and indirectly. This man WAS his company which had his name proudly....injecting MILLIONS of his OWN dollars back in for retooling,R&D,wages...and bled himself, as the enterprise was going down. For the final months after Fountain was bought and resurrected from bankruptcy...Reggie stayed on as an EMPLOYEE to keep the brand alive. Ask yourself...DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WHO STASHED AWAY MILLIONS ?
  • by Born follower on Feb 9, 2011 at 04:28 AM
    If I could only be one of those following him around town in his entourage, having him order my lunch for me, then I know I would have arrived and accomplished more than I ever could have. I have not risen to that level, but I still dream. If I can't ever be successful, then I can at least kiss up to someone that seems to be successful.
  • by Taxpayer on Feb 9, 2011 at 04:12 AM
    Is he going to ask the State to use taxpayers' dollars to finance the startup of his "dream"? Again?!!! If he is such a hotshot, then raise money from legitimate business sources. If he does, then I'll be the first to say "Salute Don Corleone".
  • by To Steve on Feb 9, 2011 at 04:00 AM
    Reggie used millions of taxpayers dollars from the State Gov't; he did not risk HIS money. In fact he made sure to take our hard earned tax dollars out for himself before he went under. Yeah, that's a good one; it was Merril Lynch's and GM's fault. What a hoot! Oh yeah, how many does Reggie employ now? Give me $40,000,000 taxpayers dollars and I could employ 400 awhile too. AND take out a few million for myself. Class Act! Oh, yeah, nobody else has ever employed anyone, made some money or accomplished anything but Reggie! Except some of us did it with our OWN money!!
  • by ALL THE HATERS Location: GREENVILLE on Feb 6, 2011 at 08:55 PM
    To all of you with positive things to say, I would like to thank you for your kind words, and support. The bottom line is that everyone is going to form their own opinion and we all have "freedom of speech" some just take it to a whole new level. Who cares what he chooses to wear, or what color his hair is?? That has nothing to do with the fact that Mr. Fountain is going to continue to live out his dream. For the want to be spell checker: thank you for the quick English lesson in sarcasm. Too bad all you have is an idea! Maybe try putting some of your ideas to work, and quit wasting your time, wondering if I really care about you taking me serious.
  • by Anon Location: West palm beach fl on Feb 6, 2011 at 06:37 PM
    Reggie would like to think he has something on the donald. He is just a slick greasy salesman just like the rest of them.walked in my dealership many years ago with his entourage, and thought I would would floor some of his boats. Asked him to stop blocking my showroom entrance with his caravan of SUVs and to please never call on me again. I'm still here, and have never had to file bankruptcy or sell my company. The man is just plain greasy, and always will be.
  • by Steve Location: Lighthouse Point, FL on Feb 6, 2011 at 01:46 AM
    I wish Reggie the best. I served as EVP (92-96) and then President (96-98) of the American Power Boat Association. Worked closely with Reggie and found him a man of his word. He always did what he said he would do. Sure his former company had trouble, so did Merril Lynch, Lehman Brother, GM, etc. In fact it was their mess that caused the downfall of Reggies former company. He could have sold long ago when the stock was a high flyer, but he hung in there, be believed in the company and his employees. He took a risk and for 30 years it worked. He did a heck of a lot for alot of people in Eastern North Carolina as he never forgot where he came from. For those slamming him, I would ask you to set forth what you've built, what company you started that employed 400 people, how much money you risked to build a dream, and how many have never failed when trying to achieve something significant? I think Reggie embodies the American spirit of trying your best, and give it all you have.
  • by concern on Feb 4, 2011 at 09:21 AM
    Like it or not Reggie Fountain is a icon in the world of racing fast boats and building them.
  • by Davey on Feb 3, 2011 at 06:20 AM
    They might not be well but they are alive big boy and haven't ripped the taxpayers for personal gain. They just got a little class and integrity. Something at least I rarely trust from people with flimflam man style dos.
  • by Louie the Rigger Location: Patchogue New York on Feb 2, 2011 at 04:22 PM
    I have been Involved with the building of a few boats one of which I raced on the circuit. We now race a Fountain. No one builds a boat like Reggie Fountain. Glad to here he's gonna keep at it! Good luck on your new venture.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114906709 - witn.com/a?a=114906709