Rapper Jim Jones Arrested After Fight At Foxwoods

State police say five people including the rapper Jim Jones were arrested in a brawl at a hotel at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut.

Police say the fight broke out after 2 a.m. Saturday in the foyer of the MGM Grand Hotel following a party hosted by Sean "Diddy" Combs.

State police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said one detective was treated for minor injuries at a hospital and released.

Jones was charged with resisting arrest and breach and peace and was released on bond. The 35-year-old hip-hop artist and actor from New York said on Twitter that he posted $40,000 in bond.

An attorney who has represented Jones in the past did not immediately respond to a message Saturday seeking comment.

• by Who? on Feb 27, 2012 at 04:40 PM
    Never heard of him and I hope I never will
  • by Mr. America Location: downeast on Feb 27, 2012 at 04:43 AM
    I thought Jim Jones died in Guyana,so this is a story worth printing.Thanks for bringing to lite that he is still living,and he has a new career.
  • by Sssshh! on Feb 26, 2012 at 08:18 PM
    Peeps, this is WITN. Not the New York Times! On a weekend I bet they have 2, maybe 3 people working. 4 at the most. All of them I'm willing to bet are under 25, and trying to learn how to be great journalists. Give them a break! They're just posting what they can within their skill sets and resources they've been given. You pick on them now while they're learning at a small station, but you'll watch them intently 5 years from now when they're essential cogs at the big media outlets. Just relax!...and remember you get this site for free! Enjoy the news you value, and enjoy watching the growth of the kids reporting on the stories you didn't like so much.
      by Anonymous too on Feb 27, 2012 at 04:16 AM in reply to Sssshh!
      How are they supposed to learn if everyone gives them a break? I certainly won't want to "watch them intently 5 years from now" if they are still spewing some of the useless garbage we see here. If they can't take the pressure while learning good reporting skills (as well as how to spell), they shouldn't be in journalism. It is better for them to figure that out early, don't you think?.
        by the one on Feb 27, 2012 at 06:12 AM in reply to Anonymous too
        I don't know what y'all are talking about, I think this is great news!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 26, 2012 at 04:27 PM
    If there was not a fight, some shooting, or something stolen then that would be news. This is typical.
  • by anon Location: wallace on Feb 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    THUG!!!!!!
  • by LCR Location: ENC on Feb 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    Never heard of him and could really care less, not news worthy to me!!
  • by Who? on Feb 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    I guess he wasn't "On His Way to Church"
  • by Anonymous on Feb 26, 2012 at 09:17 AM
    Diddy is at the All Star game in Orlando!
  • by Marty Location: Jax on Feb 26, 2012 at 08:44 AM
    Can anyone tell me how a Ct bar fight of a Ny. man rapper or not, is local news?
      by Anonymous too on Feb 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM in reply to Marty
      This is just another worthless filler story. Why would anyone expect any less from this "news" site?
        by News site? on Feb 26, 2012 at 01:22 PM in reply to Anonymous too
        This is a news site? Are you sure? I thought it was a tabloid web site. I guess you learn something every day.
        by Anonymous on Feb 26, 2012 at 03:30 PM in reply to Anonymous too
        if this site is so bad then why are you up here in the first place?Huh? huh?.................... Idiot
          by Anonymous too on Feb 26, 2012 at 08:17 PM in reply to
          I'm just here for the comedy relief.... Your act could use some work.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Feb 26, 2012 at 01:46 PM in reply to Marty
      I wondered the same thing.
  • by crewdog Location: Goldsboro on Feb 26, 2012 at 08:26 AM
    They call it rapp becouse they all have RAPP sheets. Loosers singing the black and blues..
      by guy on Feb 27, 2012 at 06:10 AM in reply to crewdog
      I'm sure these rappers can still spell better than you though.
        by Anonymous on Feb 28, 2012 at 08:34 AM in reply to guy
        That was hurtfull couse..

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 140448683 - witn.com/a?a=140448683