Portertown Road Re-Opens In Greenville

A road that has been blocked off for several months in Greenville has re-opened.

The barriers were removed from Portertown Road after 8:00 p.m. Monday night.

The 1.4 million dollar project started back on July 19th to replace the existing bridge on Portertown over Hardee Creek.

In addition to the new bridge, sidewalks were added along side of it.

• by Wanda Location: Grimesland on Nov 16, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    Thank goodness, I was so afraid to drive the other route because I was afraid that old tobacco bard on the corner being held up by vines was gonna come falling down on top of me whenever I would turn that corner... It is a true disater waiting to happen. Plus using Portertown Rd. is so much quicker and not as curvy. Nice area out there though!
  • by Anonymous Location: Chicod on Nov 16, 2010 at 07:20 AM
    When is the bridge by Chicod School scheduled to be finished?
  • by sherwood on Nov 16, 2010 at 06:57 AM
    Bout Time!!!
  • by to Mary Lou on Nov 16, 2010 at 05:55 AM
    I don't know how the roads are in Jersey, and I don't want to know, but have you ever driven down East 10th Street?
  • by A on Nov 16, 2010 at 05:43 AM
    SO excited the bridge is finally open! This saves me so much time!!!
  • by A on Nov 16, 2010 at 05:34 AM
    so glad that they re-opened that bridge tired of all the traffic on portertown.that intersection of portertown and lt hardee rd was getting dangerous.it was next to impossible to turn left off lt hardy rd.
  • by complete streets? on Nov 16, 2010 at 05:07 AM
    Whatever happened to the concept of making our streets more accessible and complete? Some people use wheelchairs, walk, run, or ride bikes as well as pay for these roads.
  • by to Mary Lou on Nov 16, 2010 at 04:46 AM
    you dont align tires, you balance your tires and you align your front end...oh, your are from Jersey so you dont know these things
  • by My Bet on Nov 16, 2010 at 04:44 AM
    @ anonymous, my bet is that Walmart is going to switch locations, and go for the new to be zoned commercial area across the street on 33. Due to the 4 to the floor, go for development over neighborhoods, City Council members. I also bet Walmart has spoken with these four cronies and a deal was struck before the council vote to amend the future land use plan. Just wait and see...
  • by Anonymous on Nov 16, 2010 at 02:59 AM
    yea, now Eastern Pines residents can look forward to the new Walmart to open on Portertown Road.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 108294959 - witn.com/a?a=108294959