POLICE: Woman Impersonated Officer, Demanded License From ECU Bus Driver

Greenville police are looking for a woman that they say impersonated one of their own.

It happened on September 20th after an ECU bus turned left on to Highway 43 in Greenville and entered Charles Boulevard near Fire Tower Road.

Police say a green truck was blocking the path. When the bus driver attempted to go around, the woman in the truck got out and flagged down the bus. The driver let the woman on the bus, who then identified herself as a cop and asked the driver for their license. Seconds later the woman left the bus when the driver alerted his dispatch.

Greenville police say they believe they know who the woman is but are not ready to release her name yet.

ECU's director of transportation says that they have never seen anything like this happen on one of their buses.

• by Questioning u Location: Greenville on Oct 29, 2011 at 05:21 AM
    Some people have fell on hard times and thank God for Section 8 helping to maintain a roof over them and their children. I have seen hard times but thank God I own my home, and I have put my second home on Section 8 bc I know the mortgage will be paid The couple who lives in the home with their children are good people whe fell on hard times and need help. They both work so they pay me promptly and on time, what they have to pay out of pocket. I see so many people struggling go thru the headlines it is us whites who's embezzling, letting loose of animals bc we so far in debt, taking people retirement funds living it uo. So I'll stop pointing fingers and see no color and help each other out.The driver of the bus is human so he or she made a mistake some of u only criticize others because you have nothing better to do but sit home and complain. Help make society a better place start by beinf an example for others.
  • by laura Location: greenville on Oct 21, 2011 at 07:55 AM
    ECU bus drivers have licenses?
      by 40some on Oct 22, 2011 at 11:02 PM in reply to laura
      Just learner's permits.
        by Former ECUBusDriver on Jan 30, 2012 at 07:27 PM in reply to 40some
        Your ignorance is amazing, you truly have no idea what ECU Transit drivers have to deal with. Everyone of them have CDL's and receive more than 50 hours of training before they are allowed to drive alone. The bus drivers that take your kids to school only get 10 hours of training. Also for the record in 3.5 years as an employee I drove over 92,000 miles in a bus, trust me the current drivers are more than qualified to operate these vehicles.
  • by ecu student Location: Greenville on Oct 21, 2011 at 05:54 AM
    You negatives need to cut the ecu bus people a break. Just yesterday I got an email from one of them and they had found something of mine on a bus. They didn't have to send that email but they chose to. Thanks ecu student transit and j.
  • by M.H. Location: Greenville on Oct 21, 2011 at 05:05 AM
    M, read the story. Also, please proofread your comments. The story doesn't say that the driver actually complied, just that the ID was demanded.
      by BS on Oct 21, 2011 at 02:11 PM in reply to M.H.
      Probably needs to go back to school. I agree to your proofread comments. M stated, "No one get my license unless I see ID." This actually has nothing to do with the story, its just a statement! Quit knocking others to make yourself feel good!
  • by m on Oct 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    Stuping driver, NO ONE get my license unless I see ID
  • by Anonymous on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    I foresee a new addendum coming to the bus training manuel. Driving big buses is hard enough without having to deal with lunatics on the roads.
  • by easyfix on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    the bus driver should of just kicked her in the mouth and knocked her off the bus. bet she wouldnt of tried it again . easily fixed......
  • by john Location: washington on Oct 20, 2011 at 07:11 AM
    I agree that "section 8" people are more likely to steal and kill. Oh and just look at the mug shots and compare you will have your answers
      by A Little Wiser Than You on Oct 20, 2011 at 07:39 AM in reply to john
      The situation could be fixed easily. Anyone who is granted entitlements (especially section 8 housing) should be required to perform public work/services even if it's picking up trash. That would minimize the amount of free time the freeloaders have to get into trouble.
        by REM on Oct 20, 2011 at 08:28 AM in reply to A Little Wiser Than You
        Don't forget mandatory randomized drug testing! How much tax money pays for drugs?
      by jwall on Oct 20, 2011 at 09:57 AM in reply to john
      i work for a local housing authority, and believe me i am in no way taking up for anyone, but section 8 participants are required to do community service throughout the year in order to keep their lease in good standings. serveral people are on section 8, all races. there are actually, (gasp..)tenants who are bettering themselves, not just working the system. cant always judge a book by it's cover..there are some decent people on section 8, unfortunately, there are more who are not so decent.. :(
  • by Ralph Location: Winterville on Oct 20, 2011 at 06:58 AM
    What is wrong iwth "Right" making a comment about poor people, seciton 8, being more likey to steal? What has that got to do with this article? Foolish assumption and you know what assume does for you.
  • by hmm on Oct 20, 2011 at 06:51 AM
    why are they taking their merry time with this?? Hurry up and give her a slap on the wrist with probation for 1 year... unsupervised... haha

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132207793 - witn.com/a?a=132207793