Police: Speed Was A Factor In Greenville Rollover Accident

Officers have charged a teenager with careless and reckless driving after a rollover accident Friday night where the three teens inside the car were injured. They say speed was a factor in the wreck.

According to Greenville police they responded to the single car accident on Thomas Langston Rd. around 7 p.m. Police say the car was traveling approximately 65 mph in a 35 mph zone when the driver lost control and the vehicle struck the curb; causing it to roll over and come to rest upside down.

Robin Trickler lives near where the accident happened and says she heard the crash, called 911, an d then ran out to the scene. She says, "I was dazed, it was out of a movie, I couldn't believe what I was seeing."

Her daughter, Melissa Trickler, is friends with two of the teens involved in the accident. She says, "I burst out into tears and couldn't stop crying knowing it was one of my best friends and one of my other friends."

Police say both the driver, 17-year-old Aaron Taylor, and front seat passenger, 16-year-old Kyle Tober, were wearing seat belts. The rear seat passenger, 16 year-old Deonte Mullins, was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle.

All three occupants were injured and were transported to PCMH. Mullins is listed as serious condition at the hospital.

Police say the Taylor has been cited for careless and reckless Driving.

• by I Care Location: Greenville, NC on Mar 21, 2011 at 07:34 PM
    I care that Deonte has a lot of healing to do. I care that Kyle was injured and had to stay overnight in the hospital. I care that Aaron was injured and stayed overnight in the hospital as well. I care that Aaron can't take back the decision he made to step on that gas pedal, but he can certainly choose to not make that decision again. I care that Aaron will possibly feel guilt for a long time for injuring his friends, Kyle and Deonte. I care that Aaron's parents are disappointed in the choice their son made. I care that all three boys parents are disappointed in so many of the ruthless comments people are making. I care that teenage drivers are on the same road as my family and me. I care that teenage drivers can be wreckless, but so are many adult drivers. I care that my son is friends with all three of these boys and he has been affected by this accident as well. I care that the community has to pull together to get through this. I care for the pain and sorrow these boys families are going through right now, especially Aaron and DeOnte's families! I care because that's what my God calls me to do and because it's the right thing to do. Sending prayers to every single person affected by this terrible accident!
      by DeOnte aunt on Mar 22, 2011 at 06:39 PM in reply to I Care
      I like that and I also care
  • by Kinley Location: Greenville on Mar 21, 2011 at 06:54 PM
    No one has the right to talk about other people making mistakes, we all do it and we can learn from our own and other's. Deonte, Aaron, and Kyle were definitely blessed this weekend and I think that everyone should be praying for all three of them and their families. I can only imagine what they're all going through. I'm so glad that all three of them are okay, and I love them all so much! I know that he learned from his mistake and since he did, I don't think anyone should hold this against it.
  • by Chanler Location: Greenville on Mar 21, 2011 at 06:47 PM
    Three people that i know were in the car that day. Every body makes mistakes, people that are talking negatively towards this needs to realize that we are teenagers and part of life is learning and becoming a better person. look at the story and see the real side to all of this, yess maybe he should have been going over the speed limit, i agree. But who is anyone in this world to call out people for there mistakes, because if you look at yourself i am pretty sure that you have made plenty. No body is perfect in this world. My heart goes out you Aaron Taylor, Kyle Tober and Deonte Mullins. People need to be happy that they are alive and well right now, now everyone has learned a lesson. God has a plan for all of us. Stay strong boys and keep smiling because you all are loved.
  • by Anonymous Location: kinston on Mar 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    I really really hope and pray that Deonte is doing much better. My sister goes to school with Kyle, Deonte and Aaron. They had actually driven by the housed that night. People forget what they were like in their youth and how they felt invinsible. And the truth of the matter remains that their isn't a single comment up here that will prevent anyone elses kids from making the same mistake. I am praying that Deonte makes a quick and painless recovery and that this accident will set an example on the impressionable young minds that went to the hospital Friday night to see the boys. I know it made a difference with Haley.
  • by Anon. on Mar 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    So because we all made mistakes means it's ok if everyone else does too? The poor kid in the hospital is there because of someone elses mistake and it's ok? Doing 30 miles an hour over the speed limit isn't a "mistake"!
  • by Leslie Location: California on Mar 21, 2011 at 09:28 AM
    "He who is without sin cast the first stone" John 8:7 (for those idiots who dont know!) None of the people saying negative comments should be saying anything because I guarentee that all of you have made mistakes in your life. I do not know deonte personally but am a friend of his aunt and I will be praying for the family and having everyone I know over here in California praying for him as well. God always prevails!!!
  • by CDS Location: Durham on Mar 21, 2011 at 09:25 AM
    Say what you want, feel how you want to feel. As a family member, we all know Who has the last say so. All of these negative commments are irrelevant. Please continue to pray for all who were involved, and we will continue to pray for you all. Love "Brown"
  • by Robber Baron Location: Greenville on Mar 21, 2011 at 08:40 AM
    Ummm, Kenisha...better read your Bible. You're in for a surprise on that "God that doesn't judge us" thing.
  • by hannah Location: greenville on Mar 21, 2011 at 07:42 AM
    how dare any of you judge what happened. yes, it wasn't smart of deonte to not wear a seatbelt. and yes, it wasn't smart to go 30 miles over the speed limit. but people all make mistakes. it's so incredibly unfortunate that it was as bad as it was. but it's not fair at all for anybody to judge people's decisions. everybody should be praying for ALL the children and their families involved. because the driver is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life. and that's worse than any kind of punishment a court could give. it's easy to sit here and judge, but we need to try and sympathize with the families suffering. you people judging and being mean make me sick. how dare you.
  • by Ginny Location: ENC on Mar 21, 2011 at 07:09 AM
    I am so sick and tired of all these people making excuses for this teenager saying it was a mistake. Mistake? This was blatant recklessness and total irresponsibility and the person driving the car should be held accountable for his actions. This is the problem today, too many people making excuses for kids and they are allowed to get away with everything. When I got my first speeding ticket I was 17 and my father took my car and took my license until I was 19 and I proved I could be a responsible driver. Stop making excuses and hold these kids accountable for their actions. Teach them to be responsible. I pray for the young man who got hurt and hope he makes a full recovery but remember...if it wasn't for the irresponsiblity of the driver this would have never happened!
      by Anonymous on Mar 21, 2011 at 09:01 AM in reply to Ginny
      Amen!!! I'm glad someone else has already said what I was thinking!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118290444 - witn.com/a?a=118290444