Police Officers Chase Down Robbery Suspect

Greenville police chased down a robbery suspect early Saturday morning. He has now been arrested.

According to police it happened around 2:48 a.m. at 110 E. 4th St. They say the suspect, 18 year old Kayron Monk , took the victim’s purse and fled on foot. A witness then pointed out the suspect to officers who began a foot pursuit. The suspect was then caught and arrested.

The purse was located and returned to the victim. No injuries were reported.

• by rl Location: bear grass on Mar 20, 2011 at 04:16 PM
    hang 'em high
  • by DS1 Location: #1 on Mar 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    ENC as a whole is a crime ridden thug filled area.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 20, 2011 at 04:56 AM
    Not sure what town you're from, but I haven't seen too many fat Greenville cops (no, I'm not one), but most I've seen don't look like someone I'd want to meet in a dark alley!
  • by HAHA on Mar 19, 2011 at 02:01 PM
    That guys momma named him after a flood guard!!!! check it out http://floodguard.lab-24.com/floodguard/
  • by Greenville Location: 4th street on Mar 19, 2011 at 01:54 PM
    I personally witnessed this happen and personally chased the suspect as well as peronally calling 911. The Greenville PD met us as we were still on foot chasing the suspect and they showed up very quickly after 911 was called. Downtown Greenville is definately dangerous but the police that work that shift do a great job of dealing with it even situations like these. The situation could not have worked out better
      by LOL on Mar 19, 2011 at 02:29 PM in reply to Greenville
      And I quote "I PERSONALLY witnessed this happen and PERSONALLY chased the suspect as well as PERSONALLY calling 911." Dude don't take it so "personal". LOL
      by Gville on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM in reply to Greenville
      Without you guys chasing him, he would've gotten away. So thankful ya'll were around. Another police officer kept looking for her purse for longer than he had to. Love that he took the time to do that, too. Not a single thing was taken thanks to the guys that took off after him when it happened. He ditched the purse and tried to hide. Obviously, not very well. Remember,when you're downtown at night, be aware of your surroundings...you never know who's out there waiting for an opportunity like this guy was.
  • by Citizen Location: Greenville on Mar 19, 2011 at 01:22 PM
    to Officer1, how about every time I've had to call you guys, you show up 30 minutes later, and have never solved a single crime I or my neighbors have called about? How about that? I don't blame you as an officer, I know you guys have poor leadership, but seriously, I don't know anyone that has faith in your department responding quickly or solving any thefts or other crimes. It's a shame too, this city is growing and crime is getting worse constantly. I know the city council makes it hard to do your job, but don't take my criticism personally.
      by LOL on Mar 19, 2011 at 02:26 PM in reply to Citizen
      Maybe it would be more beneficial to in the future to try to have less complex crimes since you say the ones your giving them are to hard for them to solve. Especially after what Eric Holder just did with the test scores. So if you want your crimes solved then I suggest you try to attract dumber criminals. LOL
      by dep. on Mar 19, 2011 at 03:54 PM in reply to Citizen
      Citizen, let me guess you and your neighbors call things in and dont have any suspect/vehicle info, direction of travel or any thing useful but expect leo's to magically find the invisible person. or you call in a b/m driving a small car (thats half of greenville and does not help). or is it that you expect 10 or so officers to be every where in the city at all times. get real
        by Citizen on Mar 21, 2011 at 06:36 AM in reply to dep.
        No, we give all of that, and when the officers show up 30 minutes later, they look around for 10 minutes and leave. Even when evidence suggests a suspect in a neighborhood, I've had to almost beg the officers to take fingerprints, and even then they are inconsistent in their evidence collection methods. You can guess all you want, but you'd be wrong. I expect better service than what my tax dollars are getting me. Like I said, you have bad leadership, so don't take it personally. But this department is not taken seriously by most people I know.
      by ktown on Mar 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM in reply to Citizen
      move to another town, just not kinston.........lol
  • by Rambo Again on Mar 19, 2011 at 01:13 PM
    Officer1,educate?Here you go.You put one foot in front of the other faster than the other guy.Go practice it.Thanks for your service.
  • by Rambo on Mar 19, 2011 at 01:09 PM
    Officer1,take it easy.Did'nt they teach you in police academy how to control your temper.No wonder sometimes you guys get bad raps.Anyway stop eating your traditional fattening donuts and go jogging or walking on your time off so you will be in shape and not get winded so fast so all of you could catch these dummies.Have a great day.
      by Rambo?? Really?? on Mar 20, 2011 at 11:09 AM in reply to Rambo
      wow, y dont you put a badge on and show us how its done?
        by Rambo on Mar 20, 2011 at 01:43 PM in reply to Rambo?? Really??
        I am 45 years old and jog at least 2 miles a day.I wish I did have a badge because my justice would be swifter.MEET JUDGE DREAD.By the way didos to the officerSSSS that caught this dolt.
  • by Officer1 Location: NC on Mar 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    To: Citizen Mar 19, 2011 at 01:22 PM Hey! How about you get out here and educate us on just how to do that! Or... continue to sit around and be a professional Loser that just thinks he/she/it knows everything. Either way... Have a great day!
  • by BLAHammed on Mar 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    A girl name and a guy name put together.Nice.
      by LOL on Mar 19, 2011 at 01:54 PM in reply to BLAHammed
      So does that make it a hermaphro-name??? LOL

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118295239 - witn.com/a?a=118295239