Police Make Arrest In Kinston Shooting

An arrest has been made in a weekend shooting that wounded two people and gunfire struck a home in Kinston.

Tiquon Brown was arrested Monday by Kinston police for the attempted murder of Neil Moore II and for shooting into an occupied dwelling.

Moore was shot in the face, while a juvenile received a minor gunshot wound. A home on North Independence Street was also hit by gunfire.

The 17-year-old Brown is being held on a $1,000,000 bond.

• by Anonymous Location: Kinston,NC on Dec 14, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    They do not have any prooff that he was the one that was shooting.
  • by Brandon Location: Greenville on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    At some point, drastic measures need to be taken with these thugs or it's just going to get worse. DRASTIC measures. You don't win wars without being aggressive.
  • by Wilma Location: Greenville on Mar 2, 2011 at 04:41 PM
    To concerned Location: new bern on Mar 2, 2011 at 01:06 PM, I agree. Until the slaps on the wrist stop, until the attitude of "do the crime, enjoy the time" has been removed from the thought process of these thugs, nothing will change. My measures are very extreme, but I believe that in the long run, it will show that an eye for an eye will help bring respect back to the country we live in. Unfortunately, we are infested with individuals that are violent, disrespectful, and lazy. However, the only kind of accountability they may get is jailtime. Well, for many of these people, jail provides more than they have ever seen or imagined. Learned helplessness has destroyed what used to be a proud country, and until extreme measures are taken, I don't see improvement in any of this until the appropriate people address the problem and take accountability for their actions. This boy is 17 YEARS OLD. He is a baby, doing these kind of things? Can't keep sweeping the problem under the rug.
  • by Wilma Location: Greenville on Mar 2, 2011 at 04:32 PM
    Tasha, if you read my entire comment, and apparently you did not read all five sentences, you would see that sentences 3 through 5 clearly state how sorry I feel for African American's that do good in this world. I did not group the African American population as a bunch of underachievers as you stated I did, and it clearly shows that in my post. Please reread. Congratulations with everything you have accomplished, and you should most certainly be proud of what you have done.
  • by Dave Location: Somewhere on Mar 2, 2011 at 03:28 PM
    That picture pretty much sums it up.
  • by Paul Location: Greenville on Mar 2, 2011 at 01:56 PM
    Tasha - You are entirely correct. It is not the color, it is the person. You should be proud of your accomplishments regardless of your race. That said, there is a sad fact that a large percentage of the black youth in this country do not have proper role models and an understanding that there is opportunity out there that does not involve violence or illegal activities. I know many black americans like yourself that have proven that.
  • by ME on Mar 2, 2011 at 01:51 PM
    Look at Kinston's top 10 wanted list. Its sad to say they are all of color. I don't know the reason, its just sad.
  • by MCN Location: Mc on Mar 2, 2011 at 01:24 PM
    agree with Wilma,,,is really a shame.. but sadly,its not all black youth in the horror of everyday living committing all these crimes...
  • by tasha Location: jacksonville on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    I meant to say to group everyone that is african american is wrong.
  • by harry l king Location: kinston nc on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    well dis dnt surprise me one bit see i knows. thats right i knows its like a wirlwind yall viewers dnt belive that do u see i aint talkin bout that im talking bout the joker thats fired them shots see he still a baby he shouldnt be useing a gun c i knows

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117232958 - witn.com/a?a=117232958