Police Make Arrest In Aurora Mini Mart Robbery

A man wanted in the robbery of a Beaufort County convenience store is now behind bars.

Aurora police arrested 24-year-old Javores Williams Thursday on charges he held up the Mini Mart Thursday morning. Officers were able to arrest Williams about 10 minutes after the hold up.

• by Sar Kastic Location: Aurora, N.C. on Apr 9, 2011 at 04:26 PM
    I can hardly beleive they made this arrest. Was he speeding?? Oh I know, he must have run to lyle and shirleys where they apprehended him inbetween bites of their hot hamburger plate and hittin on the waitresses.
  • by Sucker Location: home on Apr 5, 2011 at 11:31 PM
    APD suck and are really good for nothin the town runs its self they just collect a check
  • by Citizen Location: Aurora on Apr 5, 2011 at 03:47 PM
    It's strange to me how everyone is giving Chief Watts credit when Officer Kendrick was right in there with the arrest. I've worked in Aurora for a number of years now and have seen many a police officer come and go in the past 10 years and I have to say that I've been unimpressed until the recent hiring of Officer Kendrick. He's a real asset to the Aurora Police Dept and I hope that the Town will make every effort to keep him. Officer Kendrick is an impressive police officer who brings a sense of professionalism back to the Police Department that has been missing.
  • by Liil'Mama Location: Wendell on Apr 4, 2011 at 05:35 AM
    This is my cousin, I am not making up excuses for him. But this child was raised in a strick environment. I know for a fact he changed himself to be this way, he has had jobs and I know what he is capable about being about. Don't blame this on my cousin's mother. Blame him, I pray he suffer for all the bad he has done though.
  • by Lee Location: Aurora on Apr 4, 2011 at 01:45 AM
    New to the area. Glad to know we have police in the town. As for the lady feeling sorry for the mother of the bad guy.. Give thanks he didn't kill an innocent being. Give thanks he is off the street and hopefully will thing twice the next time he wants to get something for nothing. The ole "I am because I had a bad life" is for fools to believe. We are what we let ourselves become in this day and time. There is always help for those who want to change.
  • by Lee Location: Aurora on Apr 4, 2011 at 01:36 AM
    Worry about a mother's sorrow for her child going astray? He's not a child, he knows right from wrong, he could have killed someone's son, father, or husband. But for the grace of getting such sorry persons off the street can we feel safe in our homes and businesses. Don't make excuses for bad behovior. The ole "I had a bad childhood" doesn't fly with an intelligent society.
  • by unknown on Apr 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    Pray for his family and pray for his daughter he left behind who will not have a father. Judge not for only God can judge.
  • by southsider Location: edward on Apr 1, 2011 at 07:22 PM
    Glad to see the APD doing some good work. Also, thanks to the sheriff's office. I seen a gang of them guys down here assisting during the incident. Hope this guy and others learn from this mistake.
  • by Peetie Location: New Bern on Apr 1, 2011 at 03:51 PM
    Oh sure! give Kudos to the Police Chief for apprehending the young man, how about praying for the family or the mother whose child has gone astray. Think about the heartache and shame this has cost the family.I pray that none of you has to go through anything like this, just remember-- "There but by the grace of God, go I".
  • by Mike Location: Aurora on Apr 1, 2011 at 03:11 PM
    Good job Chief Watts (WELL DONE)resident and town board member.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119050254 - witn.com/a?a=119050254