Police Investigate Shooting

Greenville Police are investigating a shooting where a 27-year-old woman was injured Sunday.

According to police it happened at 405 Arthur Street. They believe the woman was not the intended target.

No word yet on the extent of her injuries. We will update you as soon as we get more details.

• by robert Location: enc on Mar 14, 2011 at 03:13 PM
    to bbo,hope your beliefs catch on....for everyone.
  • by John Location: ENC on Mar 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    I think we all should stop grouping every instance as a "white" thing or "black" thing. We are all responsible for our OWN ACTIONS. Sure, I'm black, but don't call me your "brother". I only have ONE brother, smh.
  • by BBO Location: Greenville on Mar 14, 2011 at 06:38 AM
    To BBO: Your words of wisdom have hit the nail squarely on the head.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2011 at 06:34 AM
    The sad thing is that when Black people like BBO or Bill Cosby speak out about these things, they are put down by these same organizations like NAACP and called an uncle tom. We definitely need more people like this. White people can't fix this problem because the minute a white person was to say what BBO just said they are labeled a racist.
  • by Black Business Owner Location: Greenville on Mar 14, 2011 at 04:40 AM
    Chris, I volunteer two hours a week in a middle school tutoring students in reading and it is very troubling to hear how many want the quick and easy route to fame and fortune. What I hear is either I'm going to be rapper or play in the NBA. It's kind of hard when you can't even keep your grades up to be on a middle school team or stay out of trouble to be on the team. I had a young lady tell me once that she was going to Duke to learn how to be a cosmetologist and put weave in and do braids. Many young blacks don't have a positive role model in their lives except maybe a grandmother if they are lucky. I had another young lady tell me that her mother has six kids and each child has a different daddy but her mom does not get any money from them. How sad is this and this is the life these children face. Like I said earlier, organizations like the NAACP don't want to face the real problems with our culture. It starts at home. Fix home and you start to fix the problems.
  • by Chris Location: Greenville on Mar 14, 2011 at 01:11 AM
    BBO, Sounds like it is past time for you to sign up and volunteer your service(s). Sounds like you already have some plans and ideas to put into place to make all of that happen. Whatcha think?
  • by Black Business Owner Location: Greenville on Mar 13, 2011 at 07:57 PM
    This is a shame. Another shooting in a black community and yet our civic leaders in the black community seem to worry about things like electricity in Farmville or worring about how we cn get more from the government for free for our community. I get upset when te real issues that plague my community are not addressed by these organizations such as low scores for black children, the lack of family values within the black community, our dependency on the government for our daily exsistence, thugs fathering children like black girls are breeding pittt bulls, lack of these same thugs being fathers after they fther these children, the number of children who have fathers in jail,dead,or just don't care about them. When will blacks stand up and fix our own problems, I don't know but unless it happens soon, our own culture will disappear and we will all be on the governments payroll.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117908884 - witn.com/a?a=117908884