Police Find Meth Lab At Greenville Apartment Complex

Greenville police say they found a non-operating meth lab at an apartment complex and have arrested two people.

Police and the SBI conducted a search of an apartment at Plantation Apartments off Landmark Street. There they found numerous items used to make meth.

Charged with several drug counts are Franklin Fulford, Jr. and Kelley Allen, both who live at the apartment. Fulford's bond was set at $500,000 and $250,000 for Allen.

• by WOW Location: Pitt Co. on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    The ignorance displayed in this forum is remarkable! Forget about the "race card" I'm talking true ignorance. Things people say that prove they have no earthly idea of what they're talking about. First, bonds are set by magistrates, but the only true purpose of a bond is to ensure the defendants appearance in court. Next, the SBI has a statutory responsibility to be present at ALL drug lab seizures in NC. For them to be involved in a missing persons or murder investigation, they must be requested by the local law enforcement agency. As for the comment about everyone having chemicals in their home that could get them arrested, believe me, if you have the pre-cursor chemicals for meth in your home, you already have or you intend to make meth. There is NO other reason to possess these very toxic chemicals.
  • by Meth Location: ENC on Jan 23, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    Unfortunately, these folks were not arrested due to a chemistry set. They were arrested because they had ingredients to make meth.... and a place to do it. Let's not get paranoid and think anyone with a chemistry set is going to be arrested. That is not true.They had precursor chemicals that got them arrested. They do not look like meth heads, although the female looks tweeked. Check out the show narrated by Lisa Ling on discovery.... or one of those channels to learn how meth works on the body. Very scary stuff.
  • by Woah Location: Eastern NC on Jan 23, 2011 at 05:40 AM
    It's unfortunate that anyone chooses to manufacture or use any type of drug...such a waste of precious life! They were charged, not yet convicted and there is not enough of the story to know facts or speculate. What caught my attention on this is the good old race card! I grew up in a predominantly white area and am white and was taught not to be racist. Unfortunately, I have seen more racism in this area than I have my entire life and it's not white hating on black. I took my daughter to the doctors and upon entering the facility a little black boy looks at his brother and says ewww...they're white! Why does everything become racist? Oh and they're only thugs because they got caught! You'd be surprised at how many prestigious people in this community are on some form of drug. What do they become when they get caught and does their race have anything to do with how they're stereotyped....just sayin! Hopefully these guys get the help they need!
  • by Dwayne Location: ENC on Jan 23, 2011 at 04:42 AM
    Eli, I have no idea what this particular lab contained but most meth labs contain chemicals that are highly toxic and explosive. It's a good thing no one was hurt either while they were actually manufacturing or during the cleanup.
  • by wow on Jan 22, 2011 at 09:01 PM
    what does this have to do about race?? crazy comment by what in the world. at least blacks have the NAACP to back them up. blacks can have a nationwide group promoting their race.. what would happen if we had a NAAWP???? going off topic here sorry.. ok.. that guy looks familiar .. wonder where he works???
  • by Fed Up Location: Greenville on Jan 22, 2011 at 07:03 PM
    Wow,I get SO tired of reading WITN comments.So sad that everything has to come down to race up here.I'm from a big city,and I have encountered racisim,it is every where,but nothing like this city.What is it?Are some folks so set in their ways,and close minded to change?It is 2o11,time to get over it!You do not rule the city,Last time I looked,there's only ONE judge.Jesus is his name.There's wrong in every race.God bless.
  • by michael Location: greenville on Jan 22, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    idc what this said, they stayed right by me, i watched this apartment for a few weeks, sounds of beating, yelling, and other um, more inappropriate nosies were constanty heard. but yet never any lights on. and i never saw anyone leave the apartment. i watched them get hauled out, and i watch the clean up crew, none of that would have happen if there was not evidence of the manufacture of meth.
  • by Eli Location: Greenville on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    Is there even a story of what happened, what's going on, what exactly the meth lab contained? I don't know what it takes to have a meth lab but if there were no drugs then why were they arrested? There is not even a full story here or even half of one and there are already posts from people to put these people away. I don't agree with meth use or making meth but I just see so many jumping to conclussions when they don't know anything.
  • by Michelle Location: Greenville on Jan 22, 2011 at 06:14 AM
    Did I read somewhere the SBI was involved? Hmmmmm, why weren't they looking for Aimee Pitt? Oh yeah, they were too busy searching for meth labs.....
  • by Dwayne Location: ENC on Jan 21, 2011 at 07:47 PM
    To Dwayne: I know that meth is a very addictive drug. However society doesn't drive someone to use the drug. People make a choice to use the drug. While they may be addicted there are places to help people, but many would rather spend their day trying to find their next fix than breaking the addiction.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114368484 - witn.com/a?a=114368484