Police: 2 Women Caught On Tape Using Stolen Debit Card

Two people who authorities say used a stolen debit card were caught on surveillance video. Now they're hoping someone will recognize them.

Kinston police say the two females in the video stole the card from a customer at Lowe's back on July 5th and later used it at the Radio Shack a short time later. One of the suspects was wearing dark shorts and a tee shirt, the other was wearing a long dress.

• by Frank Sinatra Location: Heaven on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:02 PM
    If you don't have to show ID to vote why should you show ID to use a credit card?
  • by Dos Location: Greenville on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    Some of you folks need to step into the 21st century. It makes no difference at 70% of retail locations if you have your signature, name, or "ASK FOR ID" emblazoned on your credit/debit card. Rarely do you actually "hand over" the card, it is swiped...by you...at a terminal and processed. This precludes the retailer from the liability associated with handling your card. Pay at the pump gas stations are a prime example. Slide in, press credit, and up to $75 is approved for purchase. Restaurants are nearly the only place that employees still handle cards, and with PCI compliance issues, that will change over the next 2-3 years.
      by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM in reply to Dos
      I tell you what, come shop at my store and I will ask for your ID. Asking for ID isn't as easy as it seems, I have been Cursed out, fussed out, products tossed at me, etc. just because the customer didn't have their ID and their car wasn't signed.
  • by George Location: Kinston on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:26 AM
    They must have been running short of cash until their welfare checks came in.
      by Anonymous on Aug 8, 2011 at 09:54 PM in reply to George
      and they cant spell ID
  • by me on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:23 AM
    Grandma Pearl, is that you? And cousin Wakeshia what are you doing in that long dress? Its hot.
      by Tom on Jul 28, 2011 at 07:46 AM in reply to me
      I was thinking the exact same thing!
  • by retail Location: enc on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:10 AM
    Kinda hard to do that when visa/mastercard says you don't have to see id if the card is signed. American express is the only card that you have to see id with every time. A lot of people will not sign the card but then when someone steals it, they can sign it. The best thing to do is put "ASK FOR ID" on the back
      by B on Jul 28, 2011 at 08:36 AM in reply to retail
      I have ASK FOR I.D. on all my cards, but the clerks don't even look at them. When they do ask me for I.D. I say THANK YOU!
  • by DA on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:46 AM
    This could have been easily avoided if store's would develop policies that i.d. must be shown to use plastic. It not only protects the consumer but also the business.
      by Scott on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:07 AM in reply to DA
      Agreed, I don't mind showing my ID to use my card. Alternatively some banks put your picture on your bank card. Although unless the cashier asks to see some kind of ID they wouldn't know.
      by Store Clerk on Jul 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM in reply to DA
      Customers would get angry at me because I asked for ID for every purchase that was not cash. Most showed it but some would just leave. Many came in the store with just there credit card and didn't want to go back out to get their ID.
        by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 08:35 PM in reply to Store Clerk
        Hey "Store Clerk", Amen to that!!! People hate for a cashier to help keep their ID safe!! Oh and "DA" its not stores it is your card company!!!
  • by PS on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:15 AM
    OMG, I am just totally shocked at the suspect(s) description. I never would have guessed.
      by Say What U Really Mean on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:57 AM in reply to PS
      You are just shy of making a racial comment huh?
        by Can't Say What We Really Mean on Jul 28, 2011 at 03:00 PM in reply to Say What U Really Mean
        Are you kidding? I wonder how many posts PER DAY get deleted? I bet WITN Mods will never divulge even an average number. But I'd like to see it...I'd like to see a stats page for every day in the last year. Then draw a graph. It might match up with current events.
  • by Looky There! on Jul 28, 2011 at 03:46 AM
    Hey Lavon....What race are these two ladies? I can't tell....Help us out here....You're the race expert.
      by Wow! on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:55 AM in reply to Looky There!
      Now there you so with your foolishness!!!
      by Sadly True on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:05 AM in reply to Looky There!
      I haven't seen Lavon or Barlow in a while, I guess with all the crime going on and what not the truth got to much to handle.
  • by wonders? on Jul 28, 2011 at 03:21 AM
    yall sure it was a debit card or was it a credit card?you have to have a pin number to use a debit card ,get your facts straight witn before you report!!!!
      by Answers. on Jul 28, 2011 at 03:59 AM in reply to wonders?
      The news gives information based on what is reported, if the customer called it a debit card, that is what they use in their articles. Don't you have anything better to do than ask such immature and idiotic questions to the people who are bringing you the local news. Don't you have more respect for people who might possibly lose their jobs. You do know the government is trying to rid the country of local news, right? I mean, how are we supposed to find out about natural disasters until they're right on top of us. Food for thought.
      by Bradie on Jul 28, 2011 at 04:14 AM in reply to wonders?
      you dont have to have the pin number to use DEBIT CARD...U can run it as a CREDIT!
  • by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 02:42 AM
    Well lordy lordy who would have thunk it.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126299478 - witn.com/a?a=126299478