Pitt County Murder Trial Delayed Again

The trial of a man accused of shooting his girlfriend and setting her on fire was delayed again.

The next date in court had not yet been set as of 10:00 a.m. Monday.

Clinton Arthur Ridenour claimed 51-year old Teresea Foster committed suicide in August of 2009. Authorities say Foster had a single gunshot wound to the head and was on fire when deputies found her body outside her home in the Pitt county town of Stokes.

Ridenour was formerly certified to work as a police officer in Farmville and at ECU. Ridenour's case will be heard in Superior Court.

• by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2012 at 07:27 PM
    Thank you Mrs. Southworth.
  • by Molly Location: formerly of Washington on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:51 PM
    Decline of civilization? I don't think I want to live in the civilization as YOU know it, "crockett." I will give credence to the fact that the judge at this accused's bail hearings has been privy to the FACTS of the case and has determined to keep this former LEO behind bars and out of general population (due to mental instability or some type of perverse death wish, presumably). I am more than happy to let the system determine justice for the victim and the accused. I am not prepared to let the "day in court" be continually mishandled and delayed by courtroom tactics until all that is left is some kind of perverted game of justice. This is horridly REAL to the family involved. "New" evidence, indeed. Get with it Prosecutor's office and GET IT DONE.
  • by Crockett on Jan 10, 2012 at 08:03 AM
    Thank you to all that have replyed to my posts. Once again you have proved the decline of civilization as we know it. Convict someone before they have their day in court. last time I checked is was "innocent until PROVEN guilty". Guess that means nothing anymore for ANYONE, not just the accused. Thanks again. You may continue to prove my point.
      by Austin on Jan 10, 2012 at 07:27 PM in reply to Crockett
      That is most defiantly why the judge has kept him in jail this long. Should tell you something "Crockett." Sound to me that you are just as sorry as he is. SEE YOU ON THE COURT DAY.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2012 at 07:56 AM
    my point exactly!
  • by To: Crockett Location: NENC on Jan 10, 2012 at 07:26 AM
    Most of the time I don't reply but I feel compelled to this time...You made reference to the fact this man is a LEO..well I am thinking you are one as well. Most Law Enforcement Officers were wimpy losers as children and young adults and were bullied by classmates and friends. They go to BLET, get a gun and a badge and become bullies themselves. Many abuse their wives, girlfriends and children and are allowed to get away with it because they ARE the Law and the Law Enforcement Brotherhood will go to great lengths to condone, defend and cover up their crimes. So let this family have peace of mind and keep you ignorance to yourself...You were probably there cheering him on.
      by Crockett on Jan 10, 2012 at 08:06 AM in reply to To: Crockett
      LOL. Thank you for your ignorence about LEO's. Former or current. Remember that when you need thier help and please be sure to mention that part about being wimpy losser. I am sure that will go a long way.
        by To Crockett on Jan 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM in reply to Crockett
        Did they not teach you how to spell??? Ignorance has an a and not an e and loser only has one s...I guess spelling wasn't your strong point at any point in your educational process and is certainly not required to carry a gun and badge...I guess those computers that you write up your reports on have spell check to keep you from looking as uneducated as you appear
          by Uneducated LEO on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:04 PM in reply to To Crockett
          appear. Check over your own spelling and grammar before trying to teach someone else, Charles Dickens.
  • by Linda Location: washington on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:28 AM
    Justice has NOT prevailed. Teresa's life has been dismissed to date by Pitt County's so call court system. He shot her, burned her on a trash pile and prior to that made her life hell! She decided to NOT marry the control freak. Results of that wise decision was murder. The court system needs to stop embarassing law enforcement and do their job. Having been in Law Enforcement does NOT make him law abiding.
  • by Daughter n law on Jan 9, 2012 at 06:26 PM
    Crockett ....i hope you have a front row seat so when the horrific pictures are shown they can forever be stuck in your head and in your dreams ...then you can see what our family has seen....she was put on a pile where he burned his trash...we couldnt even have a lock of her hair the damage was so horrific....justice will be served...one way or the other....he will stand before our god and Savior and he will burn in hell for all eternity ....and yes alot will come out in this trial...so i suggest you hold on tight and get ready for the ride of your life....and if you are not ashamed to hide behind a fictitious name...i cant wait to meet you.........
  • by CONNIE Location: NEW BERN on Jan 9, 2012 at 04:26 PM
    OMGGGGGGGGGGG............PLEASE STOP THIS. GOD WILL SEE THE TRUTH AND JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED. WOULD TERESEA WANT THIS? NO SHE WOULDNT. IT DOESNT MATTER WHO YOU THINK IS RIGHT OR WRONG. EVERYONE FIGHTING WITH EACHOTHER ISNT DOING ANYONE ANY GOOD HEALTH WISE. TAKE IT FROM ME GETTING YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE UP AND STRESSING ISNT GOOD. PRAY FOR THE THURTH AND HOPE GOD WILL SEE EVERYONE THRU THIS. DONT JUDGE ANYONE ONLY GOD CAN DO THAT.
  • by Austin on Jan 9, 2012 at 03:26 PM
    I hate that people have the nerve to come up here and try to put more pain on us like we havent had enough already. She was my grandmother and she was a very good kind hearted person. I just cant believe this.
      by sarah on Jan 9, 2012 at 05:42 PM in reply to Austin
      Yes Austin she was a very good women, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and people get off my trying to hurt us more as if we all have not been through enough yet! They dont care! Atleast we all know the truth and that is what matters! these people at no judge and have no right ot judge! The sorry SOB will pay and we will have justice just not as soon as we would like! Someone will get tried of them continuing and continuing it over and over and go ahead and do it! love ya cuz keep ya head up!
      by Southworth on Jan 9, 2012 at 05:49 PM in reply to Austin
      Austin, you and your family are in my prayers in this difficult time. I am sorry for your loss.
  • by Praying on Jan 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    Rush- you and your family are in my prayers. How sick for someone to take a life and say it was suicide. Justice will be served. Crockett- what makes u think u can say rush doesn't know! What if u were in his shoes. Or are u just as sick as the guilty man for not having a heart! Prayers rush! We love you!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136927428 - witn.com/a?a=136927428