Pitt County Fair Is Underway

Rides, fair food and fun is on tap all this week as the 92nd annual Pitt County American Legion Agricultural Fair is now underway.

The fair kicked off Monday and will continue through Saturday at the fairground on U.S. 264.

Some of the other attractions include the one-man band Marc Dobson, Circle C Racing Pigs, R&S Woodcarvers, Victoria Circus,
Boo Boo the circus clown and fireworks Saturday at 9:00 p.m.

Admission is $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for students up to grade 12 and free for children 4 and younger. Unlimited ride wristbands are $20.00.

For more information you can call 758-6916. For a detailed look at the fair click on the related link below.

• by James Location: Greenville on Oct 4, 2011 at 07:09 PM
    Went to the fair tonight and had a great time. We had dinner at the Pitt County Law Enforcement booth. Good food and reasonably priced. I recommend the Blue Light Special.
      by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM in reply to James
      Thanks for letting us know you had dinner at the Pitt County Law Enforcement booth.
  • by Anonymous Location: Greenville nc on Oct 3, 2011 at 06:39 PM
    I liked going to the village. It was there for a long time. Then here come K.Ross there goes the village. I still to this day don't know how you can vote to do away with it when you "WERE" a Pitt County Board of Commissioners. I rememberd when it was time to vote.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 3, 2011 at 06:31 PM
    I still enjoy the fair but it is not the same since they moved the Village of Yesteryear off the fairgrounds.
  • by lee Location: greenville on Oct 3, 2011 at 06:26 PM
    So, for my family of 5, it will cost about $75 just to enter then buy our 3 children wrist bands. Then another $25 or so for food and drinks. I think I'd much rather spend the $100 on something else rather than having to go to the fair to see a bunch of my wifes kin folk!
      by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM in reply to lee
      I agree
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Oct 3, 2011 at 06:00 PM
    Wow...I do remember the delightful aroma of sausage dogs, curly fries, cotton candy, and the fall air around the time of the Fair. My favorite thing was to wander through the exhibits to see the awards, you know, the honey, pickles, pies, breads, etc... One year I had my photo taken by a vendor, who had props, costumes, etc. for the wild west, and it is still in a frame to this day...very professional photo. I've been asked if it was one of my relatives, ha! Still, the thought of playing the games, having the food, and enjoying the lights is intriguing, I must say! Must be the kid in me tonight.
  • by Kimberly:P Location: Washington nc on Oct 3, 2011 at 05:47 PM
    I'm goin to the fair and mite get a hand braclet ****:)

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131020218 - witn.com/a?a=131020218