Pitt County Deputies Looking For 2 Robbery Suspects

The search is on for 2 suspects who broke into a home to rob it and and ended up firing several shots according to investigators.

It happened around 2:00 Tuesday morning on Bruce Strickland road. The Pitt County Sheriff's Office says the person living there reported he woke up because his dog was barking. He then heard a loud noise at his front door, which he says was kicked in and three gun shots were fired. The victim said 2 men wearing all dark clothing demanded cash. When the victim said that he didn't have any cash, only a gun, the two suspects reportedly ran out the front door, and fired another shot. The victim was not injured.

• by saw it! on Mar 17, 2011 at 05:54 AM
    TO Curious: Sheriff: Investigation Shows Deputies Unsafe In Wreck 175 Comments
  • by Curious Location: ? on Mar 17, 2011 at 05:00 AM
    To PCSO EMPLOYEE: Read the post... it was reposted from the other article Sheriff admits fault in the vehicle accident... so go to that article and scroll down threw the posts and you will see where someone posted... I was just wondering why we as citizens were never told about the wrong door being kicked in!!!
  • by PCSO Employee on Mar 16, 2011 at 08:00 PM
    To:For example..........What are you talking about? I was working that night and you must be using "bath salts"! You know, bath salts cause people to hallucinate!
  • by No Worries on Mar 16, 2011 at 03:13 PM
    Mr. Elks stated that he would solve all of the breakins, etc...
  • by For example on Mar 16, 2011 at 05:47 AM
    This was posted under the Sheriff's Deputies responsible for accident... this is why people need to be awake,,,because the citizens of Pitt County did not hear about this,,, Bradley Location: Greenville on Feb 26, 2011 at 01:57 AM My investigation shows sheriff deputies were unsafe on Friday night when 10 officers raided the wrong house while chasing a wild goose. They also seemed to take pleasure in harassing neighbors because I was simply trying to go to the store. It's funny how much of a tough guy you become when you approach innocent citizens with an assault rifle asking dumb questions. How about someone teaching these deputies how to get the correct address instead of busting down someones door only to harass a family with children and then say "oops, my bad". What if someone had of grabbed a gun thinking they were being robbed? Would it have been ok to shoot that homeowner because you made a mistake? Please Mr. Elks, put your dogs on a leash.
  • by To David on Mar 16, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    David.. you are absolutely right,,, but citizens can get the names from these "reclassified" cases and talk to the victims and get the real story,,,,but we have to be awake and ask!
  • by anon Location: enc on Mar 16, 2011 at 04:17 AM
    well armed militia is correct; id much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6! I have one message for all the scum who would attempt such a thing at my dwelling; you do that here and you had better be yelling :"POLICE" and waving a warrant as hard as you can; or the question to you will be;"what size hole do you want?" end of story. I worked with a guy once whom did 18 months for manslaughter who shot an intruder coming in his window; he said he'd gladly do another 18 months before he let someone injure him; his wife or children, while he prays to God for forgiveness each and every day of his life and regrets having to take a life. besides if you make it past my " no trespassing sign",my doberman and my pitt bull mix you are enough threat for me to take lethal action. protect your homes and family's, it is your given right! oh, and i dont care what you anti gun activist think; you handle it your way and i will handle my business my way;just dont come in my house uninvited!
  • by David on Mar 15, 2011 at 09:50 PM
    It's easy.... We say this is a robbery with shots fired while the police reclassify it as a domestic disturbance while hunting. Problem solved, crime officially goes down!
  • by Don't worry on Mar 15, 2011 at 08:53 PM
    Don't worry your Sheriff will take care of everything!
  • by well armed militia Location: willamston on Mar 15, 2011 at 08:31 PM
    That wouldn't have asked me for anything. You won't get that chance in my house. I don't care who you are, you come in unannounced at that time of the morning you are a threat to me.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118056724 - witn.com/a?a=118056724