UPDATE: Mobile Home Fire May Have Started In Bedroom

A Mobile home fire Wednesday night in Pitt County has left a couple homeless and killed two of their pets.

It happened just before 6 p.m. at 1742 Highway 43 South near Wesley Lane.

Margaret Harris says she and her husband were outside at the time when the fire broke out.

Harris says she saw smoke coming from the trailer and ran to a neighbor's to call 911.

Once fire crews arrived flames could be seen coming from the roof of the home.

Eastern Pines fire officials don't know the cause, but believe it started in a back bedroom.

The Harris' say they do not have homeowners insurance and lost everything, including two cats. Another cat was rescuitated and given oxygen on the scene and survived.

The Red Cross is assisting, and the Harris' are staying with friends.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 162961976 - witn.com/a?a=162961976
Gray Television, Inc.