Unattended Food On Stove Causes Greenville Apartment Fire

Fire investigators say food left unattended on the stove caused an apartment fire Sunday night that injured one person.

Greenville Fire/Rescue was called to Ridge Place around 8:00 p.m. Everyone safely made it outside, but one adult was transported to Vidant Medical Center for observation.

Firefighters say unattended cooking fires is the #1 cause of house fires in the United States. They remind residents if you're frying, grilling or broiling food, that if you leave your kitchen to turn off the stove.

Previous Story

One person was taken to the hospital following a Greenville apartment fire.

Pitt County 911 says that crews were dispatched to Ridge Place around 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.

We’re told that one person was taken to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is not known.

We have a call into Greenville Fire & Rescue for more details.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 221111491 - witn.com/a?a=221111491
Gray Television, Inc.