EL PASO, Texas (AP) -- Darrius Morrow's double-double propelled East Carolina to a 75-60 victory over UCF in the first round of the Conference USA tournament Wednesday.
Morrow had 18 points and 12 rebounds for the eighth-seeded Pirates (17-14), who will face top-seeded UAB (22-7) in the quarterfinals Thursday.
Jamar Abrams hit four 3-pointers among his 15 points, and Robert Sampson went 3-for-3 on 3-pointers in scoring 12 for East Carolina, which went 10 of 17 from long range. Brock Young added nine points, seven assists and five steals.
Keith Clanton scored 15 points to pace the ninth-seeded Knights (19-11). Isaac Sosa scored 11, and Marcus Jordan had seven assists.
UCF went on a 16-2 run late in the first half and led 39-34 at intermission.
But East Carolina had closed within 43-41 when Morrow scored six straight points. That made it 47-43 with 13:03 left and put the Pirates ahead to stay.
• ECU wins its first-ever Conference USA Tournament game. Lost its first seven tournament games.
• Snaps 12-game conference tournament losing streak. Last win was in the first round of the 1996 CAA Tournament.
• Darrius Morrow posted his second double-doulbe of the season.
• Robert Sampson scored a career-high 12 points.
• The Pirates recorded their first three-game sweep of an opponenet during a season since 1974-75, when they beat The Citadel three times.
• ECU has won four of its last five games.
• ECU posted its 17th win, its most since winning 17 during the 1996-97 campaign.