Phillip Lewis Murder Trial Set For September

The trial for a former East Carolina University student accused of murder will take place in September.

Phillip Lewis went before a superior court judge for an administrative hearing this morning at the Pitt County courthouse. He is accused of killing Tommy Falcone in 2010 on East 10th Street in Greenville. Police say Falcone was killed after a dispute between two groups of college-age people.

The trial for Lewis is scheduled now to begin September 17th, the earliest date all attorneys could be available. Lewis has been out on $500,000 bond since shortly after his arrest.

• by Terble on Jan 20, 2012 at 09:51 PM
    1 white dude gets killed by ugmo-faced Phizzle and you get 100 paragraphs. People die everyday. RIP big Tommy Gunn and GPD BETTER lock Phizzle up for a looonnng time for shooting folks in the back
  • by Get real on Jan 18, 2012 at 06:49 PM
    JJ, you said he left the scene after shooting Tommy and went and hid the guns and turned himself in the next day. That is not correct. He had an altercation with a group of guys at copper beach, they damaged his truck. He was mad that they would dare disrespect him, the great phillip lewis's son, so he went home, got three guns. One for each person in the truck. He called 911. His two friends decided they did not want to have guns on them so they hid two of the guns. Phillip kept his. 911 tells him to become stationary so the cop can talk to him. They pull in the Churches driveway. He jumps out and chases Tommy and friends almost to the apt complex beside the church and shoots Tommy as the cop is talking to his two friends at his truck. Cop hears the shot and he is arrested on the scene. Phillip is so conniving he probably intended to kill somebody and called 911 to set up his alibi.
      by let's see.... on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM in reply to Get real
      your version of the night makes the most sense. Can anyone say why Falcone was so far from his apartment? It doesn't seem Lewis was chasing anyone. He was on 10th street and in the church parking lot. Falcone and his group were a good distance from their apartment and crossed a 5 lane road to get to Lewis. Who was chasing who here? I have no facts....this is just what i get fromm the 911 call.
  • by MJ on Jan 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    Does Greenville have investigative journalism? NO. Therefore, should we take everything the media has present as concrete facts? NO. The media team has taken what little they have heard, with no evidence to back up these statements. Wait until the complete, unedited version is presented in court and then form an opinion.
  • by viper Location: greenville on Jan 18, 2012 at 03:22 AM
    let's see, it has been almost two years, so a lot of the publicity has worn off,phillip has been out in the community, as though nothing happened.phillip sr just sold his house. mark and jr.do not come cheap, so things are going as planned.only in america...but not in HEAVEN...
      by Anonymous on Jan 18, 2012 at 04:39 AM in reply to viper
      Yes, it's really sad when a loved ones dies but $$$$$ still get's you outa trouble. I'm not saying it's right or moral but it's the truth. God bless.
  • by cw Location: nj on Jan 17, 2012 at 08:06 PM
    Im disgusted!
  • by PAB on Jan 17, 2012 at 07:32 PM
    This case has nothing to do with where people are from, whether it be Farmville, greenville, or Jersey. This is a case of cold blooded murder. Many of you have biased opinions because you are emotionally invested. When it comes down to the PROVABLE facts in the case, Tommy Falcone was shot in the back while running from Phillip Lewis. I guess the trial will just have to prove you ignorant people wrong.
      by Anonymous on Jan 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM in reply to PAB
      Let's just wait to hear your so called "provable facts" in court. You'll be surprised to hear what really went down that night.
        by Anonymous on Jan 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM in reply to
        Haha I know what went down that night, I can't wait to hear the stories Lewis's attorneys made up though
  • by Wait a Minute on Jan 17, 2012 at 07:13 PM
    What do you mean they have already ruled out premeditated murder? The dispatcher did tell him to go back to the scene. The dispatcher didn't tell him to go back and shoot an unarmed man in the back with an assualt rifle and bring 2 extra weapons just in case he missed the first 15 times he shoot at him with the assualt rifle. The dispatcher told him to return to the scene to report what happened to the a police officer at the scene.
  • by let's see on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:48 PM
    After it's all said and done this guy will plead to a lesser charge, up front it will be a 8-6 yrs sent. but he will only spend 2-3 yrs in the federal pen. What do yall think?
      by Bookie on Jan 18, 2012 at 04:41 AM in reply to let's see
      Sadly, I'd say that's just about right. I hope we're both wrong. That wouldn't be justice.
        by Anonymous on Jan 18, 2012 at 02:45 PM in reply to Bookie
        Yeap, it wouldn't be fair. I hope he doesn't get off scott free.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:42 PM
    I wonder what would have happened if T and his friends DID NOT all have weapons and gang up on Phillip BEFORE he even got out of his truck with a gun...NONE of this would have happened. Phillip would have gotten his money from the boys for the destruction of his truck, the cops wouldnt have been called, and everything would have been settled.
      by Anonymous on Jan 17, 2012 at 07:06 PM in reply to
      They didn't "gang up" on him, Phillip had been snorting drugs that night, and he was doing it in front of people who found it offensive. If that isn't reason to start something, idk what is. And REGARDLESS, is ANY of what you said about ganging up on someone make going home, getting 3 guns, and shooting someone justifiable? No. Sooo I could say, well maybe if Phillip wasn't such a crazy f*cked up person, none of this would have happened. Yes. That makes more sense.
        by THM on Jan 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM in reply to
        I'm sure the intelligent Greenville police knew to drug test Phillip that night...have we seen any reports on illegal drugs being involved? His truck left the apartments and parked at the church to wait for the cops after multiple calls. I'm pretty sure the boys chased his truck from the apartments to the church and surrounded him with weapons before he even stepped out of the truck. I know those guys personally and they Loved to start a good fight whenever the opportunity arose.
          by Anonymous on Jan 18, 2012 at 06:07 PM in reply to THM
          lol intelligent Greenville police.. Whether you knew those guys or not, did you know Phillip? If you don't, you have no idea what they were dealing with. Read the other comments about him as a person on here. He was just that one guy that they didn't need to rub the wrong way because he's just plain crazy. Everyone that knows him agrees. Who cares if they were trying to start a fight? Obviously they regret their part in it now. And yes, I've seen Phillip doing drugs plenty of times, and the people in the car that night with him said they saw him do some
  • by Anonymous on Jan 17, 2012 at 04:20 PM
    I wonder what would have happened if when he called 911 to report what the boys had done to his truck the officer WOULD NOT have told him to go back. Also I wonder what would have happened if when he went back as he was instructed to do by the 911 operator if he WASNT armed? This story could have easily ended several other ways. There are several twist here that should result in a lesser conviction in court. I do however challenge any of you to answer my first two questions...
      by A.T. on Jan 17, 2012 at 04:48 PM in reply to
      I agree that those are 2 good questions to ask. And one thing is for sure, no one would have been shot and killed if he had gone back without his THREE guns. As for your other question, correct me if I'm wrong, but the 911 operator told him to go back after he had gotten his guns. So no one could say for sure, maybe the news reported that wrong, but it seems as though he had a plan to go back and get the guns to shoot Falcone regardless of what the operator had said. As from what I know about Lewis (I have known him since middle school), he would not go out of his way to comply with the operator. Especially after a night downtown, where I have witnessed him doing drugs and drinking while driving multiple times before.
        by Anonymous on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:00 PM in reply to A.T.
        So you are sure if he had not had guns nobody would have been killed? How would you know that? That was my question, how do you know he wouldnt have ended up dead instead? Question two, when he called 911 and told the operator what was happening the operator told him to go back and Lewis questioned that because he knew it was a bad idea but the operator insisted thats what he should do. So if the operator had not have told him to go back maybe nobody would have died. I listened to the 911 tapes several times and that is what happened. If I were an attorney I would get him off of this so fast it would make your head spin. He was given poor advice when he contacted 911 and he could have been the one dead if he were not armed, this is a piece of cake for a good defense attorney. Dang I wish my parents could have afforded law school...or even college.
          by A.T. on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:46 PM in reply to
          I am sure of that because Tommy was one of my best friends and I know him better than that. Anyone who knew him would agree that he is - excuse me, was - an extremely caring person incapable of committing such a crime. Do not take this as me saying he was perfect; I, like most others, can get an attitude if someone provokes me, which is why people need to be more careful, because you never know who is crazy as hell and will go home, get three guns, come back and kill you. Phillip, on the other hand, whom I know as well, has always acted impulsively and never been one to have empathy towards others. And I mostly agree with the second part of your statement, which is why I'm afraid justice will not be served. Also, I realize that they have already ruled out the premeditation charge, and I don't have much experience with law, but isn't that excessive force to leave the scene and come back with 3 guns? Another thing - he was shot in the back - correct? How could self defense be justified? He was unfortunately just the slowest runner. Now I wasn't there, but I know my friends aren't going to keep talking to the guy while he's holding a gun and aiming it towards them. They ran instead. So I suppose the lawyers could come up with a different explanation, but I would hope people would use common sense.
          by WTF on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:53 PM in reply to
          I want to know if you finished High School. That's the dumbest response I ever heard. Regardless of what the operator told him, he didn't tell him to go back and shoot an unarmed man in the back with an assault riffle. The operator told him to go back to report what happened to the responding officer when he arrived.
      by A.T. on Jan 17, 2012 at 05:04 PM in reply to
      I agree that those are 2 good questions to ask. And one thing is for sure, no one would have been shot and killed if he had gone back without his THREE guns. As for your other question, correct me if I'm wrong, but the 911 operator told him to go back after he had gotten his guns. So no one could say for sure, maybe the news reported that wrong, but it seems as though he had a plan to go back and get the guns to shoot Falcone regardless of what the operator had said. As from what I know about Lewis (I have known him since middle school), he would not go out of his way just to comply with the operator.
        by Get real on Jan 17, 2012 at 07:28 PM in reply to A.T.
        A.T. This is in reply to your comment at 9:46 (there was not a reply to click on that comment for some reason). I did not know Tommy but did know Phillip very well and apparently you do too. You described him perfectly. He always acts very impulsively with no regard to consequences. Absolutely no empathy for anyone including family and friends. If you ask me it seems to be a family trait of his immediate family members.
      by It's no secret on Jan 18, 2012 at 01:39 PM in reply to
      B.R.,opps, I mean Anonymous get your facts straight. The 911 operator did make a mistake in telling Phillip to go back to the area BECAUSE Phillip was already back in the area with guns riding up and down the street in front of the apts just trying to get Tommy and his friends to chase him. And yes I do believe Tommy and his friends were coming after him. But it is clear that Phillip's truck was parked in the driveway of the Church and Tommy was shot well away from the truck. Tommy and his friends never got to the truck because Phillip jumped out of the truck with his gun and started yelling at them and acting crazy. When they saw the gun they ran and Phillip pursued and shot Tommy. As for your 2nd question. What would have happened if Phillip went back without a gun? Nothing, because Phillip is a wussy (cleaned that word up for witn) and would never have gone back if he was not armed. Don't believe everything he is telling you because he only tells what he thinks makes him look good and leaves out everything that sounds incriminating.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137486358 - witn.com/a?a=137486358