Passenger Seriously Injured On Way To School

Highway Patrol says three people were on their way to school Tuesday morning when the SUV they were in flipped. The call came in just before 7:30 a.m.

Troopers say the 16-year old driver went off the right side of Market Street Extension in Washington, then she over corrected.

One passenger was thrown from the vehicle and was seriously injured. No word is available on the condition of the driver or other passenger.

Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.

• by anon Location: Washington on Feb 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    I am praying for this family. There but for the Grace of God.
  • by Amy Location: Washington on Feb 17, 2011 at 05:06 AM
    Thank you all for your prayers! Have you hugged your kids today?? Amen!
  • by Rebekah W Location: ENC on Feb 16, 2011 at 07:49 PM
    Just wanted you all to know that your entire softball family will be praying for you guys at this time. We love you and know that Daijah will recover and be an even greater inspiration to us all! She is fighting the good fight and we need to keep the faith!
  • by Andrea Griffin Location: Washington on Feb 16, 2011 at 05:08 PM
    the one thrown out of the car was one of my bestest friends... i hope that she will turn out ok and i will keep her whole family in my prayers. the one thrown from the vehicle and her little sister attend John Small Elementary. I hope and pray all of them will be okay especially Daijah. (the one thrown from the vehicle) i feel so bad for them now. :(
  • by Old Girl on Feb 16, 2011 at 01:20 PM
    When I was in school (100 years ago), we had student drivers. Rules were strict and the busses had govenors on the engines so that we could only travel about 35MPH. We never had accidents and we enjoyed the ride. Not so today, the bus drivers are there to get a paycheck not get the kids to school safely. I know there must be rules, are they followed? My sincere prayers to to Maurizzio family, they indeed do have a beautiful family.
  • by Chris Location: Washington on Feb 16, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    Praying for Daijah and her family. She is an amazing little girl with a beautiful smile and a loving, supportive family.
  • by Brother of The Girls Location: Washington Nc on Feb 16, 2011 at 07:41 AM
    I Pray that my is sisters are okay and yall are in my prayers.
  • by phyllis Location: Washington on Feb 16, 2011 at 07:08 AM
    Prayers goes out to the Maurizzio family our family will keep you're family in our prayers if there's anything that we can do let us no and people keep the negative comments to yourself this family is goin thur enough.
  • by Friend Location: Washington on Feb 16, 2011 at 05:59 AM
    My heart is hurting for this family and many prayers are being said yesterday, last night, and today and will continute to pray for all involved. This is a wonderful loving beautiful family and the judgements need to stop and begin praying sincerely that God will wrap His arms around this beautiful precious child and the rest of the family and take care of them as only He can do. A lot of you have missed the point, which is there was a tragic accident involving three children from the same family and one is injured seriously and the others are feeling the hurt for her. Please think what is coming from your mouth to the writings that you are posting before you post. Daijia, we love you and pray that God will be with you and heal you so that you are back with your family and us very soon. Sending smiles and love your way.
  • by Jane Location: Washington on Feb 16, 2011 at 04:13 AM
    My husband was on the scene and got the two remaining girls out of the car and in his truck. The youngest kept saying "help my sister", "help my sister" (the one seriously injured and lying on the road) ...it broke my husband's heart. For everyone's info, my husband got the impression that the front right tire came off which resulted in the car flipping. Instead of everyone voicing their opinions about buses and seat belts...why not STOP! Say a pray for the recovery of these children and thank God it was not worse.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116229054 - witn.com/a?a=116229054