POLICE: Bare Light Bulb Causes Kinston House Fire

Police say a bare light bulb that was hanging in a closet started a house fire this morning in Kinston.

Firefighters got the call around 10:20 a.m. to the home on Railfence Drive.

Police say the light bulb caught clothes on fire that were in the closet and caused some $10,000 in damage to the home, mostly from the smoke.

The homeowner told police he remembers turning the closet light on and then walking outside when the fire started.

No one was injured in the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 203031001 - witn.com/a?a=203031001
Gray Television, Inc.