Oxycodone, Cash Nabbed In Prescription Fraud Arrests

Deputies say two men were caught with 120 units of Oxycodone and $6,000 in cash when they were arrested at a Greenville pharmacy.

Mitchell Alanis of Maury and Charles McLawhorn on Ayden were arrested Wednesday at Walgreen's. Both are charged with obtaining controlled substances by fraud/forgery.

Alanis is also charged with possessing a controlled substance into a prison/jail facility. They say a detention officer discovered marijuana hidden on the man when he was brought into jail.

Pitt County deputies say street value of the Oxycodone is $3,600.

• by joe d Location: pitt on Oct 9, 2011 at 06:55 PM
    It is sad to see this. Its easier to get illegal prescriptions than to get off of them. I knew one of these kids. And to see the person that is blaming it on the Dr because of kidney stones, doing and selling his prescription didn't help it either. Nor having family ties to ones doing the same thing. Nevertheless I'm sure that this has happened many times before. I'm not guessing actually. They are sick and need treatment in a facility that helps them.... however the treatment place here is always full and does nothing to fix their problem. Nc has the worst drug recovery facilities ever. If anyone knows a good place in nc please post here so that maybe this person can get help!
  • by joe d Location: pitt on Oct 9, 2011 at 06:54 PM
  • by sammie joe Location: GC on Oct 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    So sad that one of these guys had to turn out this way.I rememeber when he was younger he was a good kid.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 8, 2011 at 09:54 PM
    Billy Mays here for Oxy-Contin!!! Remove any success from your life by taking handfuls of pills!!! But wait!!! Act now and we'll double your misery!!!
  • by none on Oct 8, 2011 at 07:49 PM
    maybe your child one day
      by sammie joe on Oct 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM in reply to none
      I agree with you.We never know how our kids are going to turn out.We could get in a accident and become addicted to these same such drugs.
  • by connie Location: winterville on Oct 8, 2011 at 05:53 AM
    This is why I have to deal with my pain everyday!!!The doctors have been so fooled by drug dealers!!! Yes, most that do get the pain meds. sell them!!So, I live in chronic pain everyday!!!I was in an accident in 95, did not walk for 2 yrs. had dozen surgies. And now I have chronic pain and the same doctor that has treated me all these yrs. will not give me any pain meds. I know that it is because of people like this!!!
  • by Chronic Pain Location: New Bern on Oct 8, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    It is people like this that are making it difficult for people with chronic medical conditions to get the medications needed to provide pain relief and quality of life. I was in a severe auto accident about 10 years ago and have had multiple back surgeries since that time. I live in constant pain and the only way I can function is by using pain medication. Sadly because of the actions of people like this the DEA has been putting more and more pressure on Doctors who prescribe narcotic pain medications. It is almost to the point that most Doctors will no longer prescribe these medications. Now they send you to a "Pain Management" Doctor that will treat you like a guinea pig by prescribing every new pain medication that the Pharmaceutical companies put out. When you go to these pain management doctors they make sign these treatment agreements that allow them to check up on your prescription history and do random drug testing. I understand why they have to do all of this but it makes you feel like a criminal...And don't get me started on the looks you get at the pharmacy when you go in to get your meds filled. I would gladly give up my pain meds for a life without pain. The sad thing is because of all of this there are many chronic pain patients out there who live in constant pain because Doctors are scared to prescribe the very meds that would help them...Instead they try to put you on all these new Pain meds (The DEA pushes these meds) that are supposed to be abuse proof but are not effective.
      by none on Oct 8, 2011 at 07:39 PM in reply to Chronic Pain
      I am going to tell you something. One of these guys got on the prescription by a doctor for kidneys. He was in so much pain until he got addicted. Sometimes the doctors are the ones who gets people on meds for dishing them out.
        by SO TRUE on Oct 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM in reply to none
        That is so true just go to Pitt and watch them give out those pain meds.If ya need any just go there
  • by EnvironmentallyFriendly on Oct 7, 2011 at 07:28 PM
    Please don't flush medications down the toilet. They can get into the water supply. The sheriff's office has a medicine drop container that they collect meds in-and then the meds are incinerated. No questions asked.
      by NotALeftWingNut on Oct 8, 2011 at 05:44 AM in reply to EnvironmentallyFriendly
      Oh good grief.I can think of worse things that go in it every day.100% sure your guilty of that one to and have been all your life just like the rest of us.
        by uh on Oct 8, 2011 at 08:39 AM in reply to NotALeftWingNut
        Well there's also the fact that right now it's illegal to flush meds down your toilet. Please abide by the law.
  • by concerned Location: Greenville on Oct 7, 2011 at 06:53 PM
    Presciption drugs are one of the most abused drugs there is. They are killing our children. It makes me so mad to know that there are adults that go to their doctor and receive prescriptions from their doctors for "CHRONIC PAIN" and then sell them to our children. They don't even have to steal the presciptions the doctors give them the Rx!!! Parents be aware this happens every day!!! Percocet, Oxycontin, Vicoden. The dealers know more about the drugs than the pharmacist. Something really needs to be done about this problem!
      by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 07:22 PM in reply to concerned
      Percocets are bad around here. 30mg for $30 and there are ppl that will buy 10 and it will only last a day...smh.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 04:18 PM
    Does anyone else hear banjo music?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131342308 - witn.com/a?a=131342308