One-On-One With ECU's Ruffin McNeill

Sports director Billy Weaver sat down with ECU head football coach Ruffin McNeill Wednesday in his on-campus office.

McNeill answered questions involving his two recent hires of Kirk Doll and Pat Washington, high school recruiting, replacing quarterback Dominique Davis and a possible change to the BCS system.

• by William on Jan 21, 2012 at 06:49 AM
    NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!! yes youve wasted $$$$$$ on season tickets!!!! prob gonna be just as worse as last year!!!!
      by Anonymous on Jan 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM in reply to William
      Wow! Did you even graduate from High School?
  • by dirty harry Location: Washington on Jan 14, 2012 at 07:01 PM
    Who is the new QB. And is he any good. Will Ecu do any better this year I hope so. I just purchased season tickets. I hope I didn't waste my hard earned money.
  • by Pirate 4 life Location: Greenville on Jan 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    Tommy, Chuck and Mike are obviously on the wrong site. They make too much sense in their views to be posting on WITN.
  • by Tommy Sander Location: Goldsboro, nc on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Give Ruff a couple more years and you will see a great football team in Greenville. This year was tough on everyone involved. I admit I had my doubts, but after evaluating some of the crazy things that happened this year I have concluded it was not so unordinary without getting technical. When things go bad, things go bad. I recall alot of crazy plays across the country from teams you would not expect.(blow-outs,turnovers,etc.) Who would ever predicted that Clemson would give up 70 plus pts. it was a perfect storm that happens every week in college football today. We had our share of misfortunes this year and its amplified when its our team. I graduated from ECU in 1986 and I love our program. So in closing lets stay positive and things will be better in 2012. This recruiting class could potentially be the best ever. With the players we have in place now we will be in great shape. 2012 prediction 8-4 reg. season plus CUSA title game and bowl. GO PIRATES
      by Chuck on Jan 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM in reply to Tommy Sander
      I think 2012 will be the year Ruff will turn this thing around. Defense should be much better,Excellent receivers & running backs coming back. Quarterbacks should be ok also.Rio Johnson is ok QB. Hopefully the new special teams coach can give up some much needed help there. Plus non conference schedule is not as strong(S carolina,UNC,Navy ,App State).Might win 2 or 3 of these non -Conference). S.Miss & Houston Q-backs are gone. THink ECU can win 8 or 9 games this year if turnovers & injuries are controlled.
  • by country boy Location: havelock on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM
    This year will be time for "pee or get off the pot"
  • by Mike Location: Raleigh on Jan 12, 2012 at 05:45 AM
    I, for one, believe Ruff is headed in the right direction -- and represents East Carolina very well. This third year of recruiting and fielding a team will be a big yardstick. As he said, you have to do that by getting players in the system who can help you reload -- i.e., maintain the high level of play when a starter goes out with an injury. We were killed by that last year. I'm also excited about seeing a new man under center. Davis had some really exciting games ... and some really bad ones that dug us a hole too deep to get out of. Our returning receivers alone give me lots of optimism.
  • by Jim Location: Burke on Jan 11, 2012 at 06:39 PM
    How is this guy here still? Uninspired play, lack of organization, continued with a horrible quarterback, always has a lost look on his face, ECU must think its cheaper to keep than fire and hire a better coach. Its going to be another joke of a year folks.
  • by lyle with style Location: fremont on Jan 11, 2012 at 06:38 PM
    Ruff is not a genius nor has he mastered the english language

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137122908 - witn.com/a?a=137122908