Officials Investigate Trash Can Fire At Jacksonville Wendy's

A Wendy's in Jacksonville has now reopened after the fast food restaurant was forced to close because of a trash can fire Saturday night.

Firefighters were called to the Wendy's at 6995 Western Boulevard in Jacksonville around 6 p.m. after an employee saw smoke coming from a restroom.

It turns out there was a fire inside a trash can in the restroom. The fire caused some smoke damage.

The Wendy's was shut down for the rest of the night, but has now reopened.

The fire is under investigation.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Marty Location: Jax on Jan 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    They should try speeding up the service. The the immature customers have too much time to think of stupid things to do.
  • by 40some on Jan 22, 2012 at 01:54 PM
    All they had to do was throw the typically cold fries they have on it to extinguish it.
  • by Biker Dude Location: Mc Donalds on Jan 22, 2012 at 01:12 PM
    Another slow news day. I hear a possum got ran over in Beulaville. There were no witnesses and the driver didn't stop. Police are on scene with a shovel clearing the scene.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Jan 22, 2012 at 01:11 PM
    Bet it was either a ciggy or 'other'.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137854758 - witn.com/a?a=137854758
Gray Television, Inc.