ONSLOW COUNTY: Dryer Fire Forces Northside High School Evacuation

A small fire Monday afternoon forced the evacuation of an Eastern Carolina high school.

Onslow County Schools says it happened around 12:45 p.m. at Northside High School in Jacksonville.

The school system says the fire was contained to a dryer in the athletic locker room thanks to quick response from Jacksonville firefighters.

As a precaution, administrators evacuated the school, with students and staff placed on the football field until the smoke was cleared.

The school system says after students were safely back inside, parents were alerted to what had happened.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 234111291 - witn.com/a?a=234111291
Gray Television, Inc.