OFFICIAL: Cigarette Started Fire, Mobile Home Destroyed

A mobile home went up in flames Thursday afternoon.

A fire official tells WITN the home on Pungo Creek Road in the Beaufort County community of Pinetown had been abandoned. They report the owner had hired workers to tear it apart, and the workers were inside when the fire broke out.

Officials say they believe one of the workers threw down a cigarette, and that's what started the blaze. The workers got out of the home safely.

The home is destroyed. There were a couple of homes nearby, but those homes were not impacted.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123562719 - witn.com/a?a=123562719