North Carolina Ranked #32 By U.S. Humane Society

The Humane Society of the United States has released its 2010 "Humane State Ranking," a comprehensive report rating all 50 states on a wide range of animal protection laws.

North Carolina is ranked #32. The state received a score of 23 out of 65.

The Humane Society noted that North Carolina has made cockfighting a felony, passed a pet protection line in 2009, upgraded animal cruelty laws and requires licensing of puppy mills. But the society also reports the state does not require inspection or a limit to the number of animals in those facilities.

California ranked #1 with a score of 45 out of 65. South Dakota was last.

To see more of the rankings, click on the related link below.

• by Neo Location: Reality on Jan 13, 2011 at 07:07 AM
    I don't keep nasty animals in my house, never said I did. Comprehend much?
  • by E P Location: NC on Jan 3, 2011 at 09:45 AM
    Neo, how can you say your animals in the house don't stink but Jake's do? Ego much?
  • by Neo Location: Reality on Jan 2, 2011 at 06:56 PM
    Same story I've heard at least a thousand times before ole' smelly house, ie "Jake". "I have animals in my house but they are clean and don't smell. You could walk in my house and you wouldn't know I had animals". What a load! When you live in a smelly house, you don't smell the stench because you are used to it. I have NEVER walked into a house where animals lived and found that their repulsive odor was not present. An animal is not clean because it licks itself "Jake", it merely transfers the nasty from licking itself to your mouth and face when you smooch your pooch. My female, human companion cleans herself in a shower of clean water with soap and never hunches up and scrubs her butt across the carpets like nasty dogs do. If my dog hunches to clean himself, which he does, he scrubs his backside across the grass in my yard, where animals belong. No way you keep your home stench free "Jake", you wouldn't have time to do anything but clean animal stench.
  • by Jake Location: Salisbury on Jan 1, 2011 at 04:18 AM
    My home usually smells like Floor Cleaner, Bathroom, Cleaner, Furniture Polish etch. I would put the cleanliness of my home up against yours or anyone elses. My dogs ususually smell like shampoo, as I clean them regualrly too. Unless your female human is of the inflatable variety, and she probably is, her bad end smells no better than a horse's.
  • by Susan on Dec 31, 2010 at 04:47 PM
    As HSUS continues to brag and claim victory for nearly 100 state laws it helped to pass in 2010 the IRS is quietly investigating the HSUS excessive lobbying activities and possible under-reporting of funds on its tax returns. IRS assigned a Case File Number (29-92012) to its investigation, and the Department of the Treasury’s Office of the Inspector General for Tax Administration has also assigned a Case File Number (55-1005-0025-C).
  • by Neo Location: Reality on Dec 30, 2010 at 04:01 PM
    "Jake", I'm smart enough to keep nasty animals from cleaning themselves on my carpets. I'm also smart enough to keep nasty animals from slobbering or dropping their hair and dander all over my furniture and floors. I'm smart enough to keep my house free of nasty animal smells. I'm also smart enough to cuddle up to a beautiful, clean, human female at night and not a filthy animal. "Jake", you may not live in a barn, but I bet is smells like one. But, if you walked your face into the back end of horse you couldn't smell anything....you smell it all the time in your house.
  • by Pam Location: Cleveland on Dec 30, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    Dan,are you glad HSUS fraudulently raises money from the elderly and naieve in the name of helping animals, only to take the money and illegally use it to lobby for unnecessary and ineffective legislation? Are you glad pretty-boy Wayne P. and his cohorts take that money from poor people and use to pay themselves huge salaries?
  • by E P Location: NC on Dec 30, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    The fact is, H$U$ is very limited in the amount of lobbying it can do and keep it's 501C3 tax exempt status. It's my understanding the IRS is looking into this and will likely find millions in back taxes owed by H$U$. Tax Fraud is just another crime H$U$ is guilty of.
  • by Pam Location: Cleveland on Dec 30, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    Are you glad they lie to do it? Are you glad they mis-lead elderly and naieve people into giving them their hard earned money under the guise of helping animals, only to waste it on lobbying for unnecesary and ineffective legislation? Are you glad pretty-boy Wayne Pacelle and his staff take those hard earned donations and pay themselves lavish salries?
  • by Dan Location: Arlington on Dec 30, 2010 at 09:37 AM
    I'm glad HSUS spends their money lobbying for tougher laws. That gets to the root of the problem and is more important than anything else they could do.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112555149 - witn.com/a?a=112555149