New Info: Four People Injured In Three Vehicle Crash

Four people were injured in a three-vehicle crash in Pitt County Saturday according to troopers.

Troopers say 22-year-old Dario Diaz of Cove City was driving a Ford Ranger on Leary Mills Road when he ran through a stop sign at the intersection of NC 43.

Troopers say the Ranger was then struck by another car on NC 43 and then the Ranger struck another vehicle.

Diaz, along with his passenger 29-year-old Paloma Evelin of Cove City, were pinned inside the Ranger. They were taken to Pitt County Memorial Hospital where troopers say they are in fair condition.

The two other people involved in the crash were also taken to the hospital. But troopers say they are doing okay.

Troopers say Diaz is charged with running a stop sign and not having a driver’s license.

• by Jerry on Jan 24, 2011 at 05:17 AM
    Sheila, I am the husband of the lady who was driving the Pacifica. I, for one, am thankful for those who stopped and rendered assistance at the accident. Especially an angel named Larry (that is all my wife could remember). He sat at her side in the car and held her hand until the ambulance arrived. This good samaritan was shivering with cold but stayed with her to keep her calm because she was having trouble breathing. Thank God, her only injuries were minor bruising and soreness. To all those who stopped, to the emergency responders and law enforcement officers you have my eternal gratitude and thanks for being there when you were so desperately needed.
  • by Sheila Location: Pitt County on Jan 24, 2011 at 12:33 AM
    Regardless of who was at fault for the accident , our main goal was to let each and everyone involved in that accident know they were not alone and we were there for them until help arrived as they all were way out in the country and all alone not knowing any of us , but we were there for them including my husband who just got home from the trauma center in Ohio himself due to a hit and run in a parking lot or whatever really happened to him in Columbus , Ohio , and dealing with the wreck his mom and family were in plus the death of Jeffrey Grega , 2011 has been a bad start for alot of us ! I Pray the Good Lord will Help us all and see us through it all and give us all a better outlook for 2011 !!!!!!!!
  • by Jason on Jan 23, 2011 at 02:47 PM
    Erik: To correct your information once again... The lady in the Pacifica wasn't elderly. She is my mom and she isn't even 55 years old. The other young man was a college student and clearly not middle aged.
  • by Erik Location: Greenville on Jan 23, 2011 at 01:59 PM
    Sheila, My mistake, i walked up and saw the driver and i guess the lighting made me think it was another male. Sorry for the wrong information. I think i spoke to you, I was driving the jeep in front. I keep checking here for an update on their status.
  • by Sheila Location: Pitt County on Jan 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    Erik , sorry , but your info is not correct , in the ford ranger , the driver was a male with a female passenger , both were pinned in the vehicle and had to be cut out , I know this because my neighbor & I both were on the scene and at the truck with them seconds after the crash as we live right there where the accident occured , at any rate , either way , just Pray they are ok !!
  • by Erik Location: Greenville on Jan 23, 2011 at 09:29 AM
    It was two young boys in the ford ranger. A middle aged man in the prelude. And a elderly women in the pacifica. I have video that i plan on sending in to witn. I was the first car that arrived at the scene after the accident.
  • by concerned on Jan 23, 2011 at 07:39 AM
    I request prayer. Also, thank you to the bystanders, EMS, Fire, East Care and law enforcement. Help was there in bitter cold temp. This is proof that good still out weighs the bad in life.
  • by Leigh Location: New Bern on Jan 23, 2011 at 07:20 AM
    Saw this accident minutes after it happened. My mother& I & my 2yr old son were traveling home from Grenville, If we had not stopped@ the mcdonalds drive thru this could have been us! Thank goodness!
  • by Jane on Jan 23, 2011 at 06:34 AM
    Seriously people of Pitt County, learn to drive!
  • by surprisesurprise Location: Home on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    We all want to know who was in the truck. was it two ladies, 2 men? One of each? Can uu ive names?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114435379 - witn.com/a?a=114435379