New Bern Man Charged With Armed Robbery At Housing Development

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

New Bern police say 27-year-old Kishon Toms of Plymouth Drive in New Bern robbed someone at gunpoint in the Trent Court housing development Wednesday afternoon, and took off with cash. Toms was later arrested in the Craven Terrace housing development. He's charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and given a $50,000 bond.

• by clint on Dec 31, 2011 at 04:13 AM
    "Housing Development"? When did we start calling the projects housing developments? Makes it sound like this happened in the suburbs. PC speak...
  • by Black On Black? on Dec 30, 2011 at 08:32 PM
    I have always feared that one day, the "projects" (Craven Terrace & Trent Court) in New Bern would form rival gangs. This might be the first proof that it's happening. They're seperated by 2 city blocks. They should either wall up both areas, or destroy them.
      by excuse me on Dec 31, 2011 at 12:54 PM in reply to Black On Black?
      Now if you would just visit the Sun Journal and click on the mug shot link and do tell....where is all the crime from Trent Court? I'm sick of hearing new comers to New Bern talk about the project at Trent Court but barley give Craven Terrace a thought. Why? you ask? Well I'm sure that water front property has something to do with it and it's just a stones throw from the towns prize of Tryon Palace and all the well to do's down town. If there is so much crime in Trent Court, why is it not in the local papers or on our local news? IT'S NONE THERE. sit down already
        by Formerly O.L.I. on Dec 31, 2011 at 05:25 PM in reply to excuse me
        Both places have too much/plenty of crime. Both places need to be removed, far and away from civilization. They had their chances; they blew them. It's not just about the waterfront. It should be the residents' responsibility to find a 'new place to dwell.' When people 'bite the hands that feed them', it's time to kick them out of their free ride.
          by excuse me on Jan 3, 2012 at 04:53 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
          What proof of ALL the crime do we have? It's sure not in our paper or on our news. We just have your word to go on. How foolish.
        by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 3, 2012 at 05:58 AM in reply to excuse me
        Oh? Then you have not been keeping up with the paper or news. There's plenty of proof. Go to the Sun Journal and look up the past arrest records for any given year for the last 10 years. Look at the mug shots and read the arrest information. Visit any news website and read the archives for B & E, robberies, and murders for New Bern. You have catching up to do.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136411408 - witn.com/a?a=136411408