NEW INFO: Police Investigating Six People Shot At Party

Goldsboro police are investigating a shooting where they say six people were injured early Sunday morning while at a party.

According to police they were called to an apartment on 404 North George Street in reference to a shooting around 12:30 a.m. When officers arrived on scene they found six people had been shot at the home.

Police say those victims are: 21-year-old Raimonte Walls, 16-year-old James Crawford Jr., 19-year-old Covia Williams, 16-year-old Teianna Howell, 21-year-old Demetrius Raiford, and a 15 year old.

Police say the victims were attending a party at the home of Raimonte Walls when shots were fired into the apartment striking the six victims. All six were transported to Wayne Memorial Hospital for treatment. Crawford and the 15 year old were airlifted to Pitt County Memorial hospital.

There have been no arrests and authorities have not named a suspect.

• by Tish Location: Farmville on May 23, 2011 at 05:29 PM
    It's a shame that regardless if they are 16 or 61 that someone would go shoot up a party,i rememeber back in my day when i was hanging out it was nothing like it is now so much violence,i seen times when we could hang on the park all nite long having fun no fightin or nothing, now days one little word said wrong and somebody want to start shootin,alot of these want to be grown chidren should have been coming up when i was so they could have been taught RESPECT...
  • by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 03:02 PM
    Sic—generally inside square brackets, [sic], and occasionally parentheses, (sic)—when added just after a quote or reprinted text, indicates the passage appears exactly as in the original source. The usual purpose is to inform readers that any errors or apparent errors in the copied material are not from transcription...
  • by Mark on May 23, 2011 at 08:48 AM
    To: Parents??, Can you say THUG
  • by parents?? Location: nc on May 23, 2011 at 07:24 AM
    Why are 15 and 16 year olds hanging out at 12:30 a.m. unsupervised with 19 and 21 year olds??
  • by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 07:05 AM
    like greene county is any better? there was just a man murder there last weekend over nothing!! he was a nice man and messed with no but yet was cold blooded murder?!! ITS EVERYWHERE NOT JUST GOLDSBORO!
  • by Amazed Location: ENC on May 23, 2011 at 06:29 AM
    I am amazed at the lack of care for the six people who were shot while inside of an apartment. It's not like the six of them were out robbing people or slinging crack, they were in an apartment having fun. I hope that they all recover from their wounds and that those responsible for the shooting are caught.
      by ratman on May 23, 2011 at 07:22 AM in reply to Amazed
      And what were 15,16 etc, yr olds doing at a party at 1:00 a.m. Oh, having 'FUN'.
        by Amazed on May 23, 2011 at 09:20 AM in reply to ratman
        Good point. But atleast they were in an apartment and not on the streets.
  • by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 12:43 AM
    Really people, the only people to blame are the lazy, uneducated thugs they are themselves. School, parents and prison are never going change these people. Got a whole city full of them
  • by Shannon Location: Goldsborp on May 22, 2011 at 09:14 PM
    People need to stop blaming everybody else. Its not the city leaders, police, or teachers that need to help these youth. Where are their parents? Sounds like the parents need to be more involved. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming everyone else!
  • by Anonymous on May 22, 2011 at 09:08 PM
    Talk like a felon. Dress like a gangster. Act like an illiterate fool. Then "no one will give me a job", so "it must be discrimination". (I see this everyday at my business.)
  • by Me Location: Here on May 22, 2011 at 08:53 PM
    Ok well as a student of a Community College, who holds a degree from a few decades ago, all I can say is, you teachers, WHO DON'T, should be ashamed! I recently took and exam that EVERYONE in the class had to use a calculator. No issue? WHY can they not add and subtract? Where did THIS fail? What is the square root of 625? Can anyone venture a guess? I did not use one. English? Definitely a second language.....for ALL races, creeds and "so called" graduates! I delighted in using mono and poly syllabic terms to watch the confusion in their faces as they had no idea of my meaning or terms! Wait, one could easily understand my commentary....I believe his name is Zhang.(sic) (that means I am unsure of the spelling). More importantly I am highly elated (that means happy) my children were educated out of state. I know they can survive in a world that requires ever more escalation. ( that means more smarts and ability). Moreover, it means they can survive in ANY area of this planet that requires intelligence and abilities. Regardless of whether it is here or any other area. Can your children say that? Doubt it! I have seen classes go from 35 to 12 after the “checks” have come out! Why is it we don't require repayment of grants immediately once attendance falls off? We should! It would leave a LOT more money available to students who can actually read and write! Finally, all I can say is, THANK GOD I did not choose to go to high school again. I doubt my mind, heart or brain could have withstood that onslaught! Oh to put matters into perspective, in my earlier career as a student I barely managed a 2.27 GPA while working full time to support my activities. This semester? 3.67 GPA and all I did was pay attention! Anyone want to “shadow” me and dispute this? It may require you to vote in DIFFERENT politicians!
      by What? on May 23, 2011 at 06:18 AM in reply to Me
      What does your psychobabble rant have to do with the story that you are commenting on? I have a Master's Degree, should I go on and on about that? Six people got shot, what in the world does your grades have to do with that?
        by REALLY on May 23, 2011 at 09:23 AM in reply to What?
        @What--that was funny! I totally agree! That post was truly stupid and made no sense! i though she was psycho-asking and answering her own questions! Love ther term PSYCHOBABBLE, perhaps she can define it!(that means to look it up)lol
      by Penny on May 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM in reply to Me
      What in the Ham Sandwich are you talking about?!! No wonder people are confused when they talk to you. I am wondering to myself if you even know what you are talking about. I read this statement like three times and still can not analyze what you are saying? Sounds like a bunch of WONK WONK WONK!!!! Geesh!!!! Gotta take an advil on that one, LOL!!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122413304 - witn.com/a?a=122413304