Driver Charged After Weekend Martin County Fatal Accident

The driver of a car that crashed this weekend after leaving a family reunion, killing a Greenville woman and injuring several other people, has been charged by state troopers.

Primous Outlaw, Jr. was charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle, careless and reckless driving, driving while license revoked and a lane control violation.

Killed in the Saturday night crash on Highway 171 outside of Jamesville was 35-year-old Latasha Moore. Troopers say she and two others in the backseat were not wearing seat belts and were thrown from the vehicle. Geraldine Norman of Roper was critically injured in the accident. Outlaw and a front seat passenger were belted in and were not seriously injured.

Troopers say five people were in the car that had just left a family reunion. They say the 26-year-old Plymouth man was traveling south on 171 from Jamesville around 9:30 p.m. Troopers say Outlaw then pulled back onto the road, went left to center, overturned once in the roadway, overturned two additional times, then finally went off the roadway to the right.

Previous Story

Five people who had just left a family reunion were involved in a single car wreck in Martin County Saturday night. Troopers say one person was killed in the wreck, several others were injured.

According to troopers 26-year-old Primous Outlaw of Plymouth was traveling south on 171 from Jamesville around 9:30 p.m. with four other people inside the car when he ran off the road to the right. Troopers say Outlaw then pulled back onto the road, went left to center, overturned once in the roadway, overturned two additional times, then finally went off the roadway to the right.

Troopers say both Outlaw and the front passenger, 27-year-old Jessica Brown of Greenville were wearing seat-belts. They were injured, but not seriously.

The other three people in the back seat, 35-year-old Latasha Moore of Greenville, 35-year-old Geraldine Norman of Roper, and 20-year-old Malik Ormond of Greenville were not wearing seat-belts and were ejected from the vehicle.

Troopers say Moore was killed in the wreck. Roper was also injured and in critical condition at the hospital. Meanwhile troopers say Ormond was not seriously injured.

Troopers say alcohol was not involved. They are still investigating the wreck and say charges are pending.

• by rosie purvis Location: roper on Jul 19, 2011 at 07:58 AM
    my sister geraldine norman is going home on wed.july twenty I thank god for giving her a second chance on life. she still have a long way to go. i need you to keep prayeing for he my god give her strenght to walk again. i like to thank all the people for praying for her. thank you very much rosie..
  • by Anonymous on May 13, 2011 at 06:08 AM
    My prayers go out to the family of Tasha she was a very sweet person whenever I seen her she was always smiling Shon, Tee Tee, and Torri I love you guys and keep your head up.
  • by cyndee Location: new jersey on May 11, 2011 at 08:26 PM
    my prayers goes out to the families involved in this tragic.....God Bless....Thinking of you Rosie...Pray that Gealdine pulls out of this...
  • by chain on May 11, 2011 at 07:14 PM
    I saw the news and they said the driver was charged. So my prayers go out to his family as well as to those that were involved.
  • by angelia Location: plymouth on May 11, 2011 at 04:33 PM
    my thoughts go to families involved. i am sad and sorry.
  • by Anonymous on May 11, 2011 at 01:23 PM
    My thoughts go out to the families involved. But let's take this as a lesson learned in why we wear seatbelts. They save lives
      by dee on May 12, 2011 at 06:55 AM in reply to
      Yes, seatbelts save lives but just here recently law suggests wearing them in the back seat. These girls were actually ejected from the back seat. So that tells me there was more involved than not wearing seatbelts.
  • by Cuzwillbmissed Location: Chocowinity on May 11, 2011 at 01:08 PM
    I cant believe your gone Tasha! All I can see is that smile you had that would brighten anyones day. God will take care of those wonderful kids cuz as I know u are looking down on them from heaven. I love you cuz and you will remain in my heart forever! Gone but never forgotten.
  • by Rick Location: Jamesville (Farmlife) NC. on May 11, 2011 at 08:23 AM
    My Thoughts and Prayers go out to all the family's involved in this tragic accident. May God bless the three children that have lost there mother.
  • by misty on May 10, 2011 at 08:37 PM
    My prayers go out to both families involved. I hope all survivors are doin well and that there families are blessed as well. I was wondering if the driver was drinkin or sumthing nd are charges goin to be filed?
  • by anon Location: Farm Life on May 10, 2011 at 09:49 AM
    My sympathies to the families involved. I am sorry that you have had to be exposed to some very insensitive comments on this posting site. WITN should also be more sensitive as to what they allow to be posted. Posters should not read things that are not correct or relevant into these articles. If you were not at the accident scene or involved, plese keep your unrelated or incorrect comments off the post.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121462464 - witn.com/a?a=121462464