Mrs. Obama, Dr. Biden, Martha Stewart Host Military Moms' Baby Shower

Dubbed "Red White and Coo" a special baby shower was thrown by the non-profit Operation Shower for 40 moms-to-be whose husbands are deployed. Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden were the hosts.

As if the celebrity list wasn't long enough, Martha Stewart showed up to show the ladies how to scrapbook.

All three women along with other sponsors donated gifts.

"We brought you guys white house onesies and blankets. We took up a drive and had boxes all over the west wing and the east wing. People wrote checks. I mean- this was fun," said Mrs. Obama.

Every mom received a crib from Pottery Barn as well.

Found in 2007, Operation Shower, has honored more than 400 families and hosted 12 unit-wide baby showers for the army, navy, air force, marine corps and national guard.

• by renee Location: Hampstead N.C.28443 on May 11, 2011 at 07:42 AM
    I would like to know if Mrs Obama,Dr Biden or Martha Stewart know that a whole platoon of military mens families were left out that are serving 13 mounth in afganastan.These women are very hurt to miss out on meeting all of you and also wonder if there husbands would be forgotten in the line of duty,by the people in the top positions in this country.I can speek freely for one of these women it is not the gifts that bother her it is the fact that she was forgotten and the possibality that her husband and the men with him could be forgotten by the very people that sent them over there.I know that my daughter was supose to be invited to the shower and they over looked a whole platoon I just feel that an am sorry from the person in charge is not good enough.I think Mrs Obama, Dr Biden and Martha Stewart should know that these women were left out. concerned mother
  • by military wife Location: not important on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM
    hey i'm a military wife and lets just say that not all of us get assistance when it's needed so don't put us down my husband serves his country proudly and i dont care how others may feel that military has so much money i'm out of work and i have a new born with no hope of getting a job any time soon so think about what you type and say on blogs like this when our husbands are getting hit with iud's and other stuff to keep individuals that down us safe.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    WHOOP TI DO! WE STILL DON'T LIKE YOU!
  • by jacy Location: plymouth on Apr 14, 2011 at 09:24 AM
    We have millions of people out of work through no fault of their own with small children, children in college, and after unemployment stops they will be homeless; yet, you shower military officals families with gifts. Donate a crib, buy a stroller, these peolpe have money. They can afford to do it on their own. What about the poor, that right prove the saying "take from the poor and give to the rich" right. I am not asking for a handout just a job to take care of my family. Don't give me anything, allow me to make it on my own. I dropped my e-mail if you don't like what I said e-mail me.
      by Heather on Apr 17, 2011 at 07:29 AM in reply to jacy
      I read your comment and I will tell you that it kinda hurt. Military members aren't the richest people in the world, yes there is job security, but pay isn't the best. Many people continue to do it because of their love for the country. While I agree with you that there are a lot of people down on their luck and not a lot that the first ladies are doing about it, please don't take it out on theses military wives. It is hard to be pregnant, while your husband is overseas, fighting a war with the fear that they might never return to meet the child your carrying. Many of them miss the birth of their child, that's an event that you can never get back. I understand your frustration, but all I ask is you not degrade the wives who are sitting around by themselves pregnant while their husband protects your freedom.
      by Crystal on Apr 28, 2011 at 09:22 AM in reply to jacy
      Really? You think people in the military are rich? How about you do a Google search for a military pay chart. Take a look at what any of the lower enlisted ranks are paid. And keep in mind that's basically being paid to work 24/7 365/year. Because they're on call all the time.
  • by jacy Location: plymouth on Apr 14, 2011 at 09:22 AM
  • by Anonymous Location: Pitt on Apr 14, 2011 at 08:33 AM
    I lost my job. My wife can't find one. We have a small child. We get nothing from anyone. What do We get. Love from our child.
  • by Anonymous Location: NC on Apr 14, 2011 at 08:27 AM
    Let me get this right. The President's wife and the V.P wife is hanging out with a convicted felon. Hey, come on over to my house and we all can have a cook out. We can all talk about my case. Then just maybe I can get a pardom when martha gets hers.
  • by spanky Location: jacksonville on Apr 14, 2011 at 07:58 AM
    did anyone see the raleigh paper? otay spanky
  • by Sam Location: Kitty Hawk on Apr 14, 2011 at 07:40 AM
    Military mom's these women may be out to comfort you emotionally, but their husbands will try to scam you all just like the rest of us. Before anybody responds with the Bush stuff, yeah I know Bush kept the war going just like Obama is doing. We need these troops pulled out and stop spending so much on the war.
  • by anon Location: enc on Apr 14, 2011 at 07:07 AM
    They are swooning for the military vote in 2012. If they had counted all the military votes in 2008, we would have a different President. The women are campaigning for their husbands on our taxpayer dollar and what we borrow from China. Sorry since the budget is not balance.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119811449 - witn.com/a?a=119811449