Mother Charged With Felony Child Abuse

A mother is facing felony child abuse charges after a toddler was severely injured in Beaufort County nearly a year ago.

Deputies say last June 20th they got a report of child abuse at a home on River Road in Washington. The 22-month-old child was taken to Pitt County Memorial Hospital by EastCare after deputies say he or she received severe head trauma.

Samantha Cutler was arrested Tuesday after the Beaufort County Grand Jury indicted her last month. The 22-year-old woman's bond was set at $5,000.

• by Marie Location: Washington on Aug 9, 2011 at 01:03 PM
    Judson is perfect for Samantha and Samantha perfect for Judson. Both are abusive, both want to look like they care, but really coulodn't care less about their children, and both want to look like victims all the time. They both want the world to feel sorry for them, when in actuality, they are the cause of everything bad in their lives. I hope the two of them rekindle their relationship and be deadbeats together. Poor Brandon, he should have known what he ws getting himself into when he married her. He's better off leaving her, getting his kid back, and finding a good woman for a change. Someone that won't get his kid taken away.
  • by Opal Location: Washington on Aug 3, 2011 at 08:20 AM
    WITN, where is the follow up to this?
  • by asg on Jul 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    samantha cutler you are a loser. how could anyone abuse a child?
  • by To Brittney Location: Washington on Jun 24, 2011 at 01:18 PM
    I was just wandering how old you are that you keep calling a 22 year old "Miss". No bashing, I am just curious. God bless the child and it's family.
      by Brittney on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:28 AM in reply to To Brittney
      I wasn't calling the 22 year old, the accused abuser, "Miss" - I was calling Ms Amanda, who's age I won't post, "Miss". It is merely out of the respect I feel towards her and her family. The woman that abused the child doesn't deserve any respect in my opinion.
      by April on Jul 2, 2011 at 10:51 PM in reply to To Brittney
      Miss is the usual title for an unmarried woman.
  • by Carolina Girl Location: here! on Jun 24, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    There are some nasty and sick people out in this world! HELLO WHAT DID THAT CHILD DO TO YOU????
  • by JESSE Location: WASHINGTON on Jun 21, 2011 at 07:13 AM
    sheriff Roscoe p coaltrain and his hounds dont care what you do in boco as long as your not a petty drug offender.Granted drugs are bad but i had been arrested for a petty drug offense (setup)and my bail was 15,000.BOCO is a joke
  • by justice on Jun 19, 2011 at 06:51 AM
    my thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Take one day at a time. God will guide you through this turmoil.
  • by LEA Location: Beaufort County on Jun 18, 2011 at 09:10 PM
    $5000 bond is all she got??? What is wrong with the judicial system in Beaufort County? That is abscerd! Unbelievable, but I see first hand just how much sympathy is placed on children. Wonder who that magistrate was???
      by JESSE on Jun 21, 2011 at 07:27 AM in reply to LEA
      doesnt matter king jordan rules this place
  • by Worker on Jun 18, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    I sat patiently and read each comment posted. I found most of them to be hilarious, and others to denote ignorance. However, there was some talk of the child being better off in the "system". I work in the system, and honestly, no one is better off in the system. I have witness children that sustained more abuse at the hands of the system, than they ever did at home. One female child, was removed from her mother for neglect, because the mother was on drugs. However, in foster care she was raped several times and molested several times by both males and females. Of course for every bad experience there are two or three excellent foster parents, but no one can determine which one this child may end up with. Also, to all of the people that want more facts, please attend the trial. This blog is not the place for that information to leak. Then there would be another issue of change of venue when the trial begins, because so much information was in the newspaper. A lot of people writing these posts watch too much television, and think that what they see is real. Please pick up a criminal procedure book before making ignorant comments. People won't know your ignorant if you KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!! To the family of the Child, I grieve for the turmoil that you are going through at this time. However, to minimize the pain, please ignore these posts. Although there are a few people offering support, you are better off not thinking about what others are saying.
  • by TO: PENNY & JENNY MORGAN Location: everywhere you wanna be! on Jun 18, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    I'm glad they are charging her and going to convict her. However, this is not always the case. I know several people that have abused their children and the police never did anything about it. It really is a shame when children have to go through abuse and neglect and noone does anything about it. I feel sorry for the kids around here that have low life moms!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124028164 - witn.com/a?a=124028164