Morehead City Rite Aid Robbed, Suspect Got Away With Pills

Morehead City police are looking for a suspect that robbed a Rite Aid pharmacy around 8:30 p.m. Saturday night.

According to police a man walked into the Rite Aid on Arendell Street and in a note he demanded the employees to give him pills. He got away with an undisclosed amount of pills.

Police describe the suspect as a white male, around 6 feet tall, between 200 and 220 pounds, in his late 30's to 40. He was wearing a black hat, hoodie, and sunglasses.

If you have any information please contact police.

• by Rusty Location: MHC on Jan 29, 2012 at 08:52 PM
    I get tired of people saying that folks who try to understand why someone acted the way they did is making an excuse and wanting to let them off. Heck yes, it's wrong, but it's also sad and probably preventable. Desperate people do desperate things. Try standing in their shoes and walking around.
  • by Human Location: Winterville on Jan 29, 2012 at 03:53 PM
    A thief is a thief no matter the reason. No respect for anyone, anything and especially not themselves. I get so tired of hearing all the excuses.
  • by truth Location: greenville on Jan 29, 2012 at 03:29 PM
    why get upset he broke the law so let the court handle it stop blaming other people.
  • by yukon on Jan 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    Check out willis moble home park you'll find him
  • by Wharf Rat Location: OIB on Jan 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    Probably just a guy with a headache and no money.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Jan 29, 2012 at 08:58 AM
    If I had been the pharmist he would have got some pill's he would never forget.they would be his last pill's.
  • by Coastal Location: East on Jan 29, 2012 at 07:49 AM
    When he walked in the store with a hat, hoodie and sunglasses on at 8:30 at night that should have been a red flag to someone at the front counter that he was up to "no good"..
  • by SB Location: NC on Jan 29, 2012 at 07:00 AM
    First of all to the OLI comment. Drug addicted people cannot get the drugs if not give a perscription by a doctor! The addiction is from the MD's not the pharmaceutical companies or the Pharmacies them selves. We are just the ones at risk of getting killed over what the doctors have created!@!!!
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM in reply to SB
      Not talking about 'pharmacies'; talking about the pharmaceutical companies who MANUFACTURE and PROMOTE these drugs by visiting MD's with presentations, then leaving free trials. The physicians then DISPENSE, or write scripts, but they do not create the actual meds. I agree that pharmacy staffers in stores are in a risky atmosphere. But at the top of the pyramid? It's the pharmaceutical companies who create them.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Jan 29, 2012 at 05:32 AM
    Thanks to the pharmaceutical companies and some physicians for creating a generation of drug-addicted people, who are willing to knock over pharmacies to get at those Oxycontin, Vicodin pills, and whatever else.
      by You're Right! on Jan 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
      Unlike last generation with things like Valium and Quaaludes.
        by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 29, 2012 at 01:28 PM in reply to You're Right!
        Quite familiar with that generation too, as I was a teen then; heard about some peoples' Moms who liked those. Again, put the blunt of blame on the pharmaceutical companies; they are the ones who send their 'chemists' in to experiment and create more drugs. Then, they send out 'drug reps.' to market and distribute free samples to physicians' offices. I know this, firsthand. I believe some drugs can be beneficial, like penicillin, blood pressure meds, and blood thinners for heart patients. All these anti-depressants, pain meds., anxiety meds. have gone too far and are over-prescribed. In addition, figure in the thousands of children who have been medicated for little else than being overly active, for their entire lives. I have never agreed with all the Ritalin distributed for that. I know people now, who's children will NEVER function normally due to the side effects from that generation of over-medicated young folks.
          by But....... on Jan 30, 2012 at 05:53 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
          While everyone bashes the drugs for being the problem, I assert it is the nature of the person that creates havoc. Not all people who take pain medication are ready to knock over the local pharmacy after that last pill. I'm not denying there is a huge problem with pills, but we have to look at the person rather than the drug.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138275259 - witn.com/a?a=138275259