Missing Man Found Dead In Hotel Room

Rocky Mount Police are investigating the death of 46-year-old Douglas Harris of Pinetops after he was found dead Sunday in a hotel room
at the Quality Inn at 1200 Benvenue Road

Police say housekeeping staff located Harris' body inside room 333. The Pinetops Police Department says he was reported missing Friday.

Rocky Mount Police say the initial investigation does not indicate any signs of foul play or any criminal activity. Harris' body has been transported to the Medical Examiner in Greenville for an autopsy to determine official cause of death.

PREVIOUS STORY:
A 46 year old man reported missing from Edgecombe County has been found dead.

The Pinetops Police Department says Douglas Harris was found dead Sunday in Rocky Mount.

Police said Friday that Harris was last seen Thursday. It's not clear how Harris died or if police suspect foul play.

Pinetops police are referring all questions about Harris's death to the Rocky Mount Police Department.

An autopsy is being performed. The medical examiner's office reports results will not be available until at least Tuesday.

• by Walter Location: Pinetops,nc on Mar 9, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    Doug was an outstanding individual whose pain and suffering from previous surgery coupled with medical expenses that he feared he could never repay caused mental anguish and depression for which he could not cope. He was a very religious person and while Jesus might not have called him at this time, I feel certain that Jesus welcomed him with open arms. He was devoted to his family and to his church and he was well liked as evidenced by having over five hundered individuals in attendance at his funeral. We all pray that he has found peace.
  • by bae Location: Pitt County on Feb 8, 2011 at 08:44 AM
    Doug was a very nice man and will be missed by all that knew him. May you finally find peace.
  • by Friend on Feb 7, 2011 at 03:27 PM
    I knew Doug and his family and I am so sorry. Doug was a great person and to know him you had to love him. My prayer go out the the family of Doug Harris. My God bless you and take care of you in your time of need. I just hope that if this was a crime that the police will find out who very soon. The Haliwa family will be with the Harris family. God Bless
  • by no crime on Feb 7, 2011 at 02:59 PM
    name as story states is Douglas Harris. Death was not a crime however, just a tragedy
  • by peace35 Location: greenville on Feb 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    witn please post his name I think I know him this is so sad. When will this world come together and stop letting the devil take over its better ways of handling situations when you're angry it only take 8seconds to think about things can ruin your life I pray everyday this world comes closer because alot of things that should be private and prevented are posted on the websites which can be prevented my prayers goes out to his family and all those touched by his friendship.
  • by Keith on Feb 7, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    I have known Doug all of my life. He was such a nice guy. I just seen him in Sam's Club in Greenville last week. God bless his soul.
  • by nolly w on Feb 7, 2011 at 08:51 AM
    this was so said to here. he was such a nice guy. he will be nissed by all the knew him
  • by Mom Location: NC on Feb 7, 2011 at 08:35 AM
    To Bruce the Shark - You took the words right out of my mouth!
  • by Bruce the Shark Location: Greenville on Feb 7, 2011 at 06:46 AM
    This is a shame. It seems that there have been several crimes in Edgecombe/Nash lately between murders, missing/found bodies, and silver alerts for elders. I hope that this can all come to an end.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115471274 - witn.com/a?a=115471274