Military Exercise Will Increase Noise In Craven County

It's going to be a little noisier than usual around Craven County this week.

The Daily News of Jacksonville reports a military exercise began Monday and continues through Friday. Increased aircraft noise is expected for residents living around Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, New River and Marine Corps Auxiliary Landing Field Bogue.

Ground crews with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing will train at conducting hot refuel and reload of aircraft between flights while the aircraft's engines are still running. The military says that helps decrease turnaround time so the aircraft can remain in the air longer during heavy operations.

• by Jimmy C Location: ENC on Aug 25, 2011 at 05:33 AM
    That my friends is not noise it will be the sound of freedom. And we all should be glad and proud that it is only for practice. And for those that do not care for the noise remember the roads are always open if you wish to leave.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 23, 2011 at 05:26 PM
    You mean the sound of all-Amerikkkan militarism and imperialism.
      by Anonymous on Aug 23, 2011 at 08:19 PM in reply to
      So if you hate our country, what's stopping you from relocating? You know, somewhere you'd be happy, like maybe North Korea? The old saying holds true: "America: LOVE it, or LEAVE it."
  • by Melissia on Aug 23, 2011 at 06:03 AM
    Gregorie, I am so with you! I'm half tempted to drive back home just to hear it.
  • by Original C on Aug 23, 2011 at 05:21 AM
    I love watching military aircraft do their stuff. I also greatly enjoy watching trains. My dream home would be near a bustling airbase, with the railroad about 25 yards away from my back door. Throw in a nearby Domino's Pizza, and I'd never leave the house again!
  • by Gregorie Location: Eastern, NC on Aug 23, 2011 at 03:13 AM
    I Like Jet Noise, The sound of Freedom.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128231018 - witn.com/a?a=128231018