First Lady Michelle Obama & Dr. Jill Biden Visit Camp Lejeune

With a field house full of Marines, sailors and their families, Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden brought their support message to Camp Lejeune.

The first lady and the vice president's wife kicked off a national two day tour to drum up support for "Joining Forces".

The initiative was created to help address the challenges and needs of military families, something Biden is familiar with as her son was deployed to Iraq. "I know how much you worry." Biden told the group. "I know how much you pray."

The initiative will focus on several key priority areas. Those include employment, education, and wellness. This as they try to raise awareness about the service, sacrifice, and needs of military families.

"Here in Jacksonville they know a whole lot about stepping up in a community because the military and civilian communities here have been joining forces for decades. We're here because this is a model of what can happen." said Obama.

Previous Story

First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden are visiting Camp Lejeune Wednesday as part of their tour to show support to military families.

Obama and Biden spoke to 3,000 troops at Camp Lejeune Wednesday morning. The two are also meeting with 40 pregnant wives whose husbands are service members.

Martha Stewart is also in attendance.

WITN streamed the speeches live on witn.com. We'll post video of them on this story.

• by Josh C Location: ENC on Apr 17, 2011 at 06:53 AM
    Obama (Mr and Ms) are both an embarrassment to this country. Go RON PAUL 2012
      by Obama Snake Oil Co on Apr 18, 2011 at 06:58 AM in reply to Josh C
      Anybody but Obama who is one and done, no longer fun....
  • by Granny Location: greenville on Apr 15, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    to all you folks lovin on Obuma and wifey..... What did you have for dinner last PM and what did you drive to work [if you have a job}this morning? Now think about what the Pres and his missus had, how about what they paid for gas??? Hows this redistribution of the wealth working out for you? Are you any better off now?
      by Jeff on Apr 16, 2011 at 07:19 AM in reply to Granny
      I had steaks on the grill last night, and happily drive a new, $60,000 M3 to work. It gets about 14 mpg, with the 4L V8, but I can get lower, how I drive. Redistribution of wealth is working great for me! Since Obama was elected, I was able to go back to school, re-tool and land a new job. Got a new house, a million dollar beach house at a steal, for less than a third of that. Life is good! Thanks Obama! You folks complaining, you wonder why your lives are so miserable? Try smiling for once. Positivity creates positivity. Complaining and doing nothing to help yourself? Well, have fun in the trailer.
        by LW on Apr 16, 2011 at 09:16 PM in reply to Jeff
        Glad your're doing sooooo great, Jeff. Just keep those blinders on, and forget about everyone else in the world--as long as your're okay, that's the main thing. Maybe you can get an even more expensive car next year, and a bigger beach house. As for everyone else, "let them eat cake." You are a sick man.
          by Jeff on Apr 18, 2011 at 05:11 AM in reply to LW
          Nah, LW, I am quite taken with my M3. The wife is on me though, she wants a new Cayenne. What the heck though, life is short. Why are you wasting yours sitting around complaining about Obama? Sounds like you're just jealous. Why not get up and get out, and find some work, instead of sitting around, waiting for your check?
          by Obama Snake Oil co on Apr 18, 2011 at 06:28 AM in reply to LW
          Don't worry LW, he is just blowing smoke and drinking koolaid. This is what these kids do, make up fantisy land comments when you know they actually work flippin burgers....sore losers from the 11-2 election...
        by LW on Apr 18, 2011 at 09:08 PM in reply to Jeff
        I've worked very hard, got a great education, am tremedously satifised, and I am doing quite well, thank you. I just don't have to go around telling everyone what I've got. I pity you, not jealous. I just don't want Obama to take this country in the wrong direction like 63% of people (according to Gallup) say it is going. by the way, you don't have those things, and everyone knows it--you are sooooo sad. Just go away and live in your fantasy world and pretend you are normal. You can't discuss anything with an idiot, don't know why I even tried. M3...right.
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on Apr 15, 2011 at 05:38 AM
    Tish, good points. The problem I have with government right now is not idealology as much as it is spending of tax money the government doesn't have. When they finally leave DC, you and I will be left with a massive debt for our kids and theirs with nothing to show for it. Secondly, anything the government does or provides, is inefficent, subject to corruption and always costs more than they say it will. I am also upset with the president for putting us in a new war without congressional approval to do so....
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Apr 14, 2011 at 08:36 PM
    Well i'm sorry i don't feel like most of U because we all are entitle to our opinon that's the Amercian way i beleive, their will always be issues with whom ever be president & ALL claim to do the same thing & that is what's best 4 the people no matter if they're Republicans or Democrats....
  • by qwerty Location: ENC on Apr 14, 2011 at 02:46 PM
    You are wrong tish, obama does bow to the king of SA during his "the USA is sorry" trip around the world. He also bowed to Chevez and insulted the Queen of England, one of our best allies.
      by Tish on Apr 14, 2011 at 08:51 PM in reply to qwerty
      Well i was'nt referring to kings & queens shoot i would bow down to kings & queens too...But i get your point...
      by Anonymous on Apr 16, 2011 at 02:07 PM in reply to qwerty
      He bows, yes. Bush kissed them both on the MOUTH.
  • by Proud American Location: Camp Lejeune on Apr 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    When you make negative comments about others trying to make a difference, ask yourself, "what difference DO I REALLY make?"
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on Apr 14, 2011 at 09:38 AM
    Tish, Tish, Tish...good luck with that power and votey thing...you been fooled once...guess you gonna be fooled again. Hope and change is $3.80 a gallon today...I suggest you see what coffee costs, bread or any food right now...that is hope and change...hope you can afford it and don't forget the change...
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Apr 14, 2011 at 08:04 AM
    Too all the haters who hating on our president & his wife get over it all ready, just because they don't bow down to everything & everybody that just go to show how powerful they are & wont be intimidated & stand for what they beleive in,MORE POWER TO THE OBAMA ADMINISRATION YOU WILL HAVE MY VOTE IN THE NEXT ELECTION ALSO....OBAMA,OBAMA,OBAMA,OBAMA,OBAMA !!!!!!
      by Anonymous on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM in reply to Tish
      grammar and spelling check please
        by Tish on Apr 14, 2011 at 08:40 PM in reply to
        HA HA CLASS IS OUT BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN BUT YOU GOT MY MESSAGE BECAUSE IF NOT WHY RESPOND TO MY COMMENT...LOL
      by Al on Apr 14, 2011 at 02:39 PM in reply to Tish
      Tish, the president does bow to the rich and powerful. Didn't you see the videos of himn bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia?He also bows to thaty freck chavez. Our "president" is a joke, and has made a joke of this country.
        by Tish on Apr 14, 2011 at 08:46 PM in reply to Al
        I beg the differ he's not a joke & the country was made a joke before he took office,but i can repect your point of view because we all are entitle to what we beleive....
        by Workinman on Apr 16, 2011 at 03:28 PM in reply to Al
        Al, I can't believe you call that fish eyed fool a president ! He fits the part of a traveling circus better. I refuse to recognize him as anrything !
      by cathy on Apr 15, 2011 at 08:05 AM in reply to Tish
      guess you like a muslim running this country
        by Anonymous on Apr 16, 2011 at 07:21 AM in reply to cathy
        You're talking about Bush, right? The supermuslim that would kiss Saudi kings on the mouth? That flew the Bin Laden family out of this country immediately after 9/11?
          by LW on Apr 16, 2011 at 09:20 PM in reply to
          I LOVE IT WHEN THE NUT CASES COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK. I love America, you can just say anything with out any facts to back it up!!!!!
  • by P.M. Location: Jacksonville on Apr 14, 2011 at 07:56 AM
    I keep hearing that "white people" can't deal with a black president. But I THINK YOUR FORGETTING his mother was WHITE german and ireland decent! So really he's the first MIXED president, maybe you can't deal with that!! :)
  • by Anonymous Location: NC on Apr 13, 2011 at 08:50 PM
    Let me get this right. The President's wife and the V.P wife is hanging out with a convicted felon. Hey, come on over to my house and we all can have a cook out. We can all talk about my case. Then just maybe I can get a pardom when martha gets hers.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119678019 - witn.com/a?a=119678019